1. Zhang JX
  2. PowerServer
  3. Tuesday, 25 May 2021 06:55 AM UTC

Here there,

I am facing issue to update large amount of data back to database vs datastore, IIS deployment, and still waiting for advising from Appeon support team.

As part of testing, I have tried to deploy PS by using Visual Studio IDE, when run ServerAPIs service from VS IDE, Cloudapp is working fine;

When publishing to IIS service, I got: "Application terminated, Error: License error" with error code: R0230.

Does it mean, we have to use Snapdevelop IDE to publish the PS service?

Regards,

JX

Logan Liu @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 25 May 2021 11:29 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Hi Jiangxin,

Please note that: the PowerServer Web API generated by PB 2021 Beta is an ASP.NET Core 3.1 app. It can be hosted and deployed like any other ASP.NET Core app. To compile and publish the PowerServer Web API, you can use any C# IDE (e.g.: SnapDevelop 2021, Visual Studio 2019) that supports ASP.NET Core 3.1.

After looking into this issue with your environment, this is the reason:

This 2021 Beta sometimes fails to copy ServerAPIs\bin\Release\PowerServer\bootstrapdata.bin to the publish folder.  So this file may be missing using your IIS application folder.

To work around it:

1) Find ServerAPIs\bin\Release\PowerServer\bootstrapdata.bin in the generated C# solution.

2) Copy "ServerAPIs\bin\Release\PowerServer\bootstrapdata.bin" to "IIS application folder\PowerServer\bootstrapdata.bin".

3) Restart the Website in IIS and try again.

BTW: Could you also report a PowerServer 2021 Beta bug in the Appeon Standard Support at https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/ to track this bug?

Regards,

Logan

Comment
  1. Zhang JX
  2. Tuesday, 25 May 2021 13:16 PM UTC
Hi Logan,

thanks and will submit a support ticket.

Regards

JX
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.