Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
I select a field declared as nvarchar(nmax) from a table in sqlserver using an odbc connection (even with a native driver). The result from the select is truncated if the value in the column has more then 32676 character. I use Power Builder 2019R2. ...
Hello I want to distribute application with embedded database that could be run without installing anything at clients computer.  Seems Sqlite fits this better.  Seems need to install sqlite driver.  Is there any way to automaticaaly install driver...
Hi.When executing "mRet = mSes.mailLogon(mailNewSession!)" on a client, where no mail client is installed, this message appears:=>Screenshot 2021-06-10 153238.pngWhereas on a machine with a mail client installed, I am able to select a profile:=>...
Hello,   I am using a webbrowser control on a tabpage. I am using the navigate(..) function to load that URL. The page displays a PDF, has other controls for downloading the PDF etc. Those downloading controls do not work at all. I can click the...
I'm wondering whether anyone has done any enhancing of their PB applications to allow users to do scripting of the app's functions, and if so, what sort of technologies and techniques they used. Here's an example of a user request we got today. A us...
Is there a way to dynamically change menu item event code? The Retrieve menu item has this code in clicked event, of_SendMessage ("pfc_retrieve") I'd like to change that code to reference another event of the DW.  There are other DW's on the scree...
Two questions.1) SDI I have a PBv12.1 exe complete with one DLL called INVOICING.There is only one window, of type MAIN.The goal was for this to be an SDI application, and maybe I did that  ???? but I can find no documentation on how to create an SDI...
Hi We successfully migrated our Powerbuilder 11.5 app source with SVN to Powerbuilder 2019 R3 source with Git. We now want to go a step further and automate the Powerbuilder exe and pbd compilation.  We want to use pbc to compile the app, but befo...
Hello, I am wondering how to rely on database context variables with PS 2021. We're using Oracle but the question applies to any DB. In a c/s PB app, there are DB variables whose value lives for the life of the connection. The PB app can fetch thes...
Greetings,   My boss has requested that I extract all of the source code from a PowerBuilder application to a separate single file for him to review.  Does PowerBuilder have an option or a utility application to extract all the source code from a w...
We are migrating an application using Oracle from PB9 to PB 2019 R3 build 2703.  They have a test version of the application that users can launch directly from a network share via a batch file that is called from a shortcut.  I created a new folder ...
Dear ,                We are created mobile application when user will login and attempt our first shop then we insert the time in database and mark there attendance. But user reach to market at 11 a.m and change there mobile time to 9.am and visit ...
Hi there, I have done the procedure to run my app as IWA. The IWA shortcut successfully displays on my desktop, but when I run it, I get the following message: AppeonIWAShell: Failed to launch the PB application. URL address is https://www.sinergylow...
Hi Team,   We are facing some problem in PowerBuilder 17 version upgrade. Actually we searched one field value from our application screen but it was fetched the description id instead of description name.   Previously it was works fine in the ea...
Hi I have a strange behavior with powerbuilder application running in a VM (ESX Server). After the VM is resized sometimes the powerbuilder application pop ups a strange dialog and want to save a SSE file (see attachment). After closing the dialog t...
Hi guys, i'm writing again about a problem about LDAP over SSL authentication. Using PB2LDAP (downloaded from APPEON download area) i can connect without problems with LDAP connection. But there is no way to connect with server using LDAPS (using ...
Estamos tentando criar um cliente de serviço da web. Este serviço da web é um ponto de extremidade MEX (https: // xxx / MEX? Wsdl)     Versão Powerbuilder: 2017 R3 Testamos com SoapUI e funciona bem Att.,   Fabricio...
If possible, please share it on CodeXchange and post the link here.   Thanks!...
I'm upgrading from PB 12.5 to 2019 R2 (build 2353) and have come across a problem.  We have a structure that is a set of arrays of each type of variable, that we use to generalize passing parameters.  One of the variable types is an array of powerobj...
PB2019R3Pbc12.1The PBv12.1 code is a separate EXE called from the PB2019 app using the RUN command.The PBv12.1 code starts and gets the Windows Handle of the calling window.What I want to do is to cast the Handle into a datatype so I can directly ref...

There are no discussions available here currently