Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi All,   I have a scenario where I need a main datawindow with child datawindow. Both datawindows has Update properties correctly configured. My issue is I cannot make datawindow editable. I mean though the tab order is defined, the edit option i...
Hi, Was wondering if there is any way to set the default font of a RichTextEdit control at runtime? I'd like the control to remember what the user has chosen and to default to this the next time they access the control. Part of the problem is the u...
I am testing Powerserver 2021 with one app, on development machine al works fine, but when deploy the app to a server and try to access the client app gives a License Error, using Fiddler is returning the error attached in the image  ...
Hai dears, Does anyone use the medical lab integration application with powerbuilder ?.  I used Winsock method to collect and send data (HL7, Normal...) between the systems through tcp/ip protocol and it is working successfully.  But, some machine...
Hello everyone,   I have an issue with my ribbon bar. At initialization it looks perfect but if I open a sheet from the ribbon, the whole frame turns grey and I can't see anything in the screen anymore.   ...
PBVM190.dll deployment PB19 Where can I find PBVM190.dll? Is there an msi file to register the dll on client computers?...
A couple questions: Will the PB 2021 IDE be able to choose PB 2019-R3 builds that are installed? What is the projected release timeframe? The roadmap for 2021 doesn't mention any improvements to the desktop. Are there any notable changes/improveme...
In migrating to PB 2019 R3, we found a behavior change on datawindows with a populated group trailer band. In PB 2017 and earlier, our collapsed trailer bands w/ content (text, fields, etc) would autosize when data was retrieved - even when the chec...
Hi;     I recently modified an Infomaker form (using 2019 r2) to connect to a SQL Server database rather than Oracle. The form is used so people can add new users to roles. I am assuming it was made in the one-to-many type because it is supposed t...
Hello Appeon team context: PowerBuilder 2019R3 Professional, build #2670 OS: Windows 10; Windows Server 2016 In the application, we have a module allowing to associate to (ex.) products different files, images, html, documents We decided to use t...
Once we click on the text field (with AutoSelect = false) in a dw, the cursor is positioned at the beginning of the field by default. We should make another click to change it position to the desired one.  Is there a way to set the cursor position a...
This is a continuation of my question about saving screenshots of windows, which has been well answered. Now ideally we would want to make this functionality obvious to users, and one idea would be to have a little camera icon (or something like tha...
Hello, When I convert a datawindow to a C# model in SnapDevelop, it takes forever. "Forever" meaning about 2 minutes. The first times I was thinking that it just didn't work. My DW has about 10 columns, 1 or 2 tables. If I try other DW's it's the ...
I think that i have a dwshare issue. We are sharing 6 child datawindows with the parent and the users are getting an error on one column in only one of the child datawindows that is being shared with the parent. The code for this is ls_pmdc = GetIte...
How can we do PowerClient version cleanup tasks on the IIS Server that contains all versions? In my case in previous versions I loaded many external files, those that keep trying to be downloaded by the PowerClient and are registered in the log file...
Has anything been done in PB 2019-R2 or R3 to prevent aborts on NULL? I know about the function to check for null but I was hoping that it would be enhanced to not need that....
Hello. I am working on a mobile application based on the example of appeon salesdemo mobileframe. Currently, I can lock my app in portrait mode, so if I rotate my phone 90 degrees it still remains in portrait mode, but if I flip it over, it goes to ...
Does anyone have a way to set the datawindow picture control's .Border weight and color when using Line type borders? I cannot see any additional properties so I am guess "nothing out of the box" but perhaps you have some idea of how to accomplish t...
Hi,   Someone have an alternative to replace .Net assembly target in PB2019 to generate a component usable with .Net application?   Thank you for help....
  Some of rows and columns are getting blurred data on window after upgrading PowerBuilder application from version 2017 R2 to 2019 R3. After PowerBuilder Upgrade, issue with the displaying data on window, when we run the application on the citrix ...

There are no discussions available here currently