Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi Appeon Community,   Hope you guys are doing well.   We are facing a problem, we are not able to find our data window in the drop-down in Chart JS Painter. I have followed all the instructions given in the documentation It’ll be very great for ...
Just finished upgrading my PowerServer to 2020 along with MR2703.  When I clicked on my IWA runner icon, it asked me to upgrade then I get Followed by followed by and then Everything looks ok in AEM. Did I miss something in the upgrade? ...
I'm doing the PB to C# tutorial: https://docs.appeon.com/powerscriptmigrator2019r3/PB_to_CSharp_Migrating_Re-factored_Business_Logics(NVOs)/index.html So first I have to manually create several files (controllers, services, interfaces) which the tu...
Possibly the wrong category but feel free to move if so. So i have converted some datawindow in snapdevelop. the model got some properties that are public decimai? The problem comes when some of those fields needs more decimal precision than decima...
Is there a powerbuilder detail debug log that contains java call exceptions with stack trace info?  The jboss-client.jar is on the classpath but org.wildfly.naming.client.WildFlyInitialContextFactory class from the jar can not be instantiated. Why c...
Good day,   Please help...   How can I suppress the headers on the second page? so that the list of rows will occupy the header portion.   thanks in advance...
I'm trying to add a subreport to a grouped report.  I added retrieval arguments to my subreport.  When I added the subreport to the grouped report, I filled in the criteria with fields from the grouped report (including the ID_Num that the report is ...
I'm trying to encrypt something with AES , but i have to use PKCS7 padding. Is there a way with PB2019R3 ? ...
Hi, We wish to save attachments to our local server for cloud deployed application. The PB application will store only path of the attachment document. How is this possible.   Kind regards, Falguni...
I have a user asking about the recommended DPI settings for PNG files for printing.  the png is loaded into a datawindow using either the bitmap() function in a compute or the display as picture on a column.  The datawindow is then printed to a laser...
Hello, We're experiencing an odd issue with computed expressions, specifically the following. Why does this expression equate to 1: IF(NOT (1=1) AND (1 = 2), 1, 0) While this expression correctly equates to 0: IF( (1 = 2) AND NOT (1=1), 1, 0) I...
Hi all, I'm on PB2019 R3 2703, and using the new webbrowser control. Some events are missing from this control clicked losefocus Also, the Navigate function does not return an error if the url is incorrect. Always returns 1. Any ideas? TIA...
How to send from PB application a custom trusted certificate filename (when connecting to Test or Dev environments) in order to Override the default trusted certificate. ( PB 2017 R3, connects via open client)...
Hi all,   What is your experience with the PowserClient.    i'm keen to use it, but during the R3 beta it just didn't work very well and no updates were provided during the beta.. so I'm curious as to how well it works before I invest any more ti...
I'm working on a report that will double for a contract.  The report is grouped by employee id number.  I have data in the group header and group footer.  The Detail section lists the courses the employee is teaching.  Everything works fine, unless t...
I am using PowerBuilder 2017 R3, connecting to Sybase DB via Open Client. How do I override the default trusted certificate with dev_trusted when connecting the DB dev and test environments.  ...
There isn't a tutorial that I can find for the PowerScript Migration. I gave it a try and pretty much everything has a red underline. Are there detailed instructions somewhere?...
I'm seeing some weird behaviour where I suddenly get null object references on instance variables in an object. When I see it in the debugger, all instance variables have disappeared. One example is I detect a problem, put up a messagebox (at which ...
I had my pc in my house, working remotely and using a vpn and my PB19 with GIT was working normaly, but when i return to my office and connect to my LAN (obviously turn off my vpn) my pb19 git didnt work: ---------- Source Control: Errors (09:25:43)...
Need: To implement a method in a Powerbuilder web service to save a file in a network directory receiving the file (blob) and the full path as parameters. IssuesScenario 1: Method implemented with Powerbuilder file functions.Problem: It works when u...

There are no discussions available here currently