Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hello, We use Appeon's Packager to build an MSI for deploying PowerBuilder's RunTime for our applications.  For the most part it's working fine with one exception.  After installing the PB RunTime and then installing our applications, we need to cop...
Much of the online information on migrating/converting CVS repositories to Git is at least 7 years old. Does anyone have more recent experience and can recommend procedure and/or utilities? Looking for the most dependable. Of course would also des...
Hi, I would like to know if there's any way to make a page break on a grouponly when this group does not fit completely on a single page. For example,we have a dw with a group on the ORDER column. We have several lines that do not fit entirely on the...
Hello Chris... I have a problem with the datawindow, the detail is that I made a list of products with their image, but when I scroll vertically, the datawindow is locked, and in many cases it takes me out of the application by memory saturation , a...
Has anyone successfully integrated a testing framework into their CI environment for their power builder codebase, either in VSTS or AWS? It's a legacy project and although desirable, full unit test coverage is probably out of scope, however some sor...
Hi All, While opening the application EXE, the below mentioned error message has been displayed with the old version of PB2017 version. Cannot load Rich text edit control: Windows error code 0 : pbctxtext170.dll is missing On Adding the ment...
Hi,    I have a few problems viewing the reports after migrating the code from power builder 9 to 2017R3(MR #1858 patch). Problem is that the content in the reports are not sorting in order and some of the text found missing in few pages while bein...
In this latest version of R3 I can choose between the internal RichTex control or the previous TXT version. Does anyone know what version of the TXT is implemented. Is it the old version that was in 12.5 or their latest release. Thanks in advance, R...
 Hi, This is a web service question. I can't seem to get a simple web service to connect to a local database using odbc. software Im using is as follows: powerbuilder 2019 beta,  sybase anywhere 16,  iis 10,  windows 10. This is a standard power ...
I need assistance with referencing a DLL in my build using Orcascript (Orcascr170) or PBC170.  I have an application that when built via the IDE references two DLLs as Dynamic Linked Libraries and the deployed exe file succesfully calls these DLLS fo...
Hi all. I have a problem regarding the escaping of backslash characters with SQL Anywhere dbs. I experience the problem inside a PB Datawindow, but it's merely a db problem, so I will describe it in terms of pure SQL. Suppose I create a dummy table...
We are all familiar with drop-down selection lists automatically adjusting their contents as we type.  We can then select the perfect list item at any time as the drop-down list resolves, even by arrowing down and hitting .  A perfect example is the ...
I've noticed that the spacing on my program menu toolbar is not showing up correctly.  I have entered in a value of "5" for the "toolbaritemspace" for a menu item, which does show up correctly in the IDE, but when I run the program, the buttons in my...
Hi, our application (powerbuilder 8) running on win10.  we use Microsoft web browser control to display pdf document. With old version of adobe reader, once the pdf is open user can click email that will open outlook with the document attached.  Howe...
Hi, i am new to PBDOM. 1 ABC 10 1 1 ABC 6 938749827 2 1 ABC 4 ASD2344543 refer to above sample, how to use PBDOM to get SKU, qty and batch from the PICK instead of ITEM level?...
Hi All, Can someone explain me (us) how to use svn:needs-lock property ? I'm trying to force users to lock objects before modify it, but it doesn't work at all. My configuration is VisualSVN on the server, PB 2017R3 and TortoiseSVN on client. Thr...
Hello All is there any limitation of the graph type over powerserver 2017 for some reasson i have no manage to find out some of the DW graph are not dysplay under PowerServermost of the type col are not dysplay with no error in the appeon log serve...
HI,   im looking for a code example where i can drag a file from my PB App to Windows Explorer (or any other App where i can drop files). My files are stored in the database and i have a datawindow with a list of all files. i want to write the fil...
Hi , How I can access office365  IMAP UID from powerbuilder. Any example, other than chilkat.   Regards Antony    ...
Currently I am trying to execute the IDE compiler via the command line. The problem is that although it compiles correctly, it does not set an icon. If I start the IDE by hand and press the Deploy button, it builds me correctly and the icon is also d...

There are no discussions available here currently