Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi, Our PowerBuilder application using Sybase SQL Anywhere as it's database. I'm trying to play around with the new C# features, but when I right-click on a datawindow to 'Generate DataModels (C#)' I am required to provide a connection to an SqlServ...
PB v12.1, build 705532 bit application createdThis is STUPID!!!!!I've always believed that any app created with PowerBuilder v12.x and below MUST use a 32 bit Oracle Client in order to connect with an Oracle database, regardless of the bitness of the...
Hi all  I need the your wisdom and experience. I'm Not a PB developer, I wrote a Web service that I need a third party to consume and run. They use PB12.5. I have sent them my WSDL file and when they tried to import it from the Web Service Proxy ...
Hi, We are currently migrating old PB6.5 to PB2017. We have a problem that the PB6.5 application, the report save as htm has replaced by html in PB2017. This cause the report format is different that with additional rows and columns.  The serious...
Hello!! I´ve got another question. Now I  have a webservice to write a file in a server folder. To that folder I have given full control permissions to the IUSR and IIS_IUSRS users as well as to the users PBDotnet4AppPool and DefaultAppPool. Even s...
A user is getting this error when doing a Retrieve() on a DataWindow. We are not explicitly using sqlda. The database software is Firebird SQL. The same Retrieve() works on the 3 computers in our office. (The user is the first one to test that code o...
Hi All,   I'm using PB12.1. I create a datawindow using syntaxfromsql and then add some controls dynamically into it. All is working except that when I want to modify the width expression of one the controls I added, I could not get any success. Ca...
Hi in my application I use the SQLPreview event in Datawindows for logging purpose writing on a log table the SQL's command used by DW's. I'm using Microsoft SQL Server (2008 to 2012). Since I have begin to use the NChar datatype for foreign chars...
Hello, I know that most of toolbars' operations are not available when running in web mode. Is it however possible to have all toolbars on the same line at the start of the application ? I'd like to see that: instead of that :   Thank you ! ...
Hello, Just now installed PB 2018 beta.   It asks for login information again, even though I've logged in using PB 2017 R3.  I think Pb 2018 should login automatically, when PB 2017 is already in logged in status.  Isn't it ?   Won't this prevent u...
Hello, I followed the example of the help to encrypt in MD5; however, the result is not as expected. Let's see, this is the example: Blob lblb_data Blob lblb_md5 String ls_resultMD5 lblb_data = Blob("Test MD5", EncodingANSI!) CrypterObject...
Hello, I will try to explain as best I can what happens... Visual user object The visual user object uvo_year  declares one private instance variable initialized to 2019 :                 private integer ii_year=2019  The function uf_getyear...
We want to give our customers the option to use database encryption in SQL Server. We are currently using PB12.5 and the SNC driver which has the Encrypt dbparm. Other than setting the Encrypt dbparm, what else needs to be done at the client? Do we...
We are testing the migration from PB 12.6 to 2017 R2 and are having a lot of trouble printing reports.  The printers seem to randomly print crap pages most often after  some or all of the report has printed.  It is definitely a show stopper for the m...
I was experimenting with the Git integration in PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and came across a few issues that I hope more experienced folks can answer. In case it matters, we tested with GitLab as the Git provider: 1. Is there support for connecting to var...
Does anyone know what DLLs need to be deployed to support the CrypterObject?  I am getting a run-time error "Unresolvable external crypterobject when linking reference error when instantiating the object.  No issue when running from the IDE....
Since years there is one annoying thing for me: What is the best practice to find the name of a pbl which contains a certain object. The problem: I have a project with 40-50 pbls. I want to know where I can find the object "w_user" because I want ...
Hi According to https://community.appeon.com/index.php/blogs/recent-blogs/enhanced-source-code-controlfor-pb2017-r2-r3 the pbg files will go away when using git and svn (what we currently do with PB2017 R2) How should 3rd party build tools that mak...
When i migrate from version 7 to version 2017 r3. The character font of Japan  is error . I think when i migrate:UTF 16  .How  are fix it? ...
   hi    How can I modify my PowerServer Mobile Application's AndroidManifest.xml file? ...

There are no discussions available here currently