Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hello Team, I am trying to learn how to create a PBNI Marshaler extension. The PBNI Programmers Guide and Reference document points to the https://www.appeon.com/developers/library/code-samples-for-pb site for a sample application. Neither the Categ...
Git integration with bitbucket cloud running on Windows Server pre R2 worked fine until December. Bitbucket then started enforcing use of TLS1.2.  Since then 'push' or 'pull' fail with 'server certificate invalid' error. Surprisingly, Tortoise Git al...
I was able to work with PowerBuilder 2017 R2 and TortoiseSVN for source control for past one year in Windows 7 VDI. We recently moved to Windows 10 VDI and I installed PowerBuilder 2017 R2 but the TortoiseSVN does not even show in the dropdown when ...
Getting the following error when trying to deploy to our Web Server.  Anyone know what the following error could be?  I am able to connect to the web, powerserver and AEM.  I am running PB2017 R1. Thanks, Dave V.   ...
Has anyone experienced any intermittent behavior with OLEObject, specifically Microsoft's ADSDSOObject (Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Microsoft Active Directory Service)? We are using this as part of our Login routine, and the application in PB 2017...
Hi, We are using PB 2017 with offline licenses on machines without an internet connection. According to the terms of the Appeon License User Guide, an offline license can only be released if properly disabled, so it is essential to back up all loca...
We've purchased 13 licenses for PB 2017 R3 for our developers and are planning to use Git going forward. We have not migrated our applications from 12.5 to 17 R3 yet until our Git process has been refined and further developed. I've developed an ext...
I defined a dropdown list in the datawindow painter.  I accidently added a few lines at the bottom of the list.  I don't want them, but I can't figure out how to delete or remove them.  DETAILS/EXPLANATION:  I was entering the lines in the dropdown...
Hi  I have couple of questions and problems with the new source control implementation. We use PB in project with other languages and the workspace is often located in a subfolder in the git repository.  As the text editor lookup up when adding...
After installing the PB2017 runtime kit and our application, running the app produces the error: The application was unable to start correctly  (0xc000007b). I installed the same two kits on a Win 10 machine and it worked fine.    ...
  My app  was developed by PB 11.5 - it is client/server app I want this app to be web app (running from browser (IE, Firefox Or Chrome) what is I need   appeon Powrbuilder (which version)with cost 700$ to 1200$ per year is it is required to je...
I was thinking about the new feature where you can generate C# code from a DataWindow object. Will there also be an NVO to C# generator? PB 12.5 that I use now has a .Net Assembly wizard but it doesn't really allow for seeing the code.  ...
Hello Team, We have installed trial Version for Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R3 but didn't found eoneejbclient.dll and workaround PBL in it and Appeonbridge.war as suggested in below link. https://www.appeon.com/support/documents/appeon_online_help/201...
Hello team,  Could you please let us know, how to call java servlets from Appeon Powerbuilder 2017 build 1666. Also let us know how to deploy  .war and  .ear file in powerbuilder . Will these options to use servlets and deploying war and ear file ...
Hello All, We recently migrated PB 12.5 app to PB 2017 R2 and things went well.  One thing that we've noticed that the columns on Excel 2013 maximized after data have been saved from the following script:              ldw_focus.SaveAs("", XLSX! , T...
Tengo un Datawindow hecho en versión 9.0 que ejecuta un SELECT simple y demora de 4 a 6 segundos, ese mismo Datawindow al migrarlo a la versión 17.0 R3 demora de 12 a 18 segundos. Revisando la documentación, ya le agregue el indicador Block = 1 en el...
Hello,  I was able to create my PBL files from the objects that were in my ws_objects folder. However, when I try to open the workspace in PowerBuilder I get a prompt to migrate the target.  Is it possible to set a version via orca script so that a...
Has anyone been able to get IconTray to work from 64 bit exe? I have an example on my website on how to use the IconTray but it doesn't work in 64 bit. I checked the two CodeExchange examples. One is a copy of my example and the other is a very sim...
Good morning Guru. I need to display a chart using google chart in a windows. I'm using the 'Microsoft web browser' OLE object, but it does not display anything to me. I attach the html file to be displayed. Thanks in advance for the help. ...
Hello, I have installed powerserver for development in a windows10, with 2 ip address (ethernet and wifi). I think there is some kind of restriction in the company in the network that I must identify, perhaps the ports? If I disconnect the network ...

There are no discussions available here currently