1. Richard Carrier
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 5 February 2019 23:38 PM UTC

In this latest version of R3 I can choose between the internal RichTex control or the previous TXT version. Does anyone know what version of the TXT is implemented. Is it the old version that was in 12.5 or their latest release.

Thanks in advance, Richard

Richard Carrier Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 6 February 2019 00:20 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Armeen,

I seeing 3 options and according to the online help

Built in TX control is V15

Built in New control

Choose 3rd option to use the old v14

Confused on your response. Thank you Richard

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 6 February 2019 00:28 AM UTC
Sorry for the confusion... the numbering may be X15 but it is the custom implementation from PB 12.6 days. That is the key point I was trying to make in my response. Perhaps the numbering change to reflect it has some bug fixes from the vendor since the PB 12.6 release date (as that was years ago). Anyway, my recommendation is that you use the built-in TX Control rather than the other options if you are migrating an existing app.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 6 February 2019 00:13 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

The version of TX Text Control is a special OEM version that was in PB 12.6, and to the best of my knowledge no significant change was made in PB 12.6 compared to PB 12.5 regarding this control.  Just to clarify, since this is special OEM version it is neither the X14 nor the new X16 versions. 

If for some reason you really want to purchase and use the X16 version you can do so by embedding it as an ActiveX control in your app.  However, our recommendation for customers that would like the smoothest migration process possible is to use the built-in TX Text Control, and I believe that is the new default option now.

Comment
Richard Carrier Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 5 February 2019 23:50 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

I checked the additional Properties within the application Object and it states you can buy X14. They dont even sell that anymore. The latest version and the only version I could find available was x16. Does this work with Appeon PB ?

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 6 February 2019 00:17 AM UTC
We have not integrated the new X16 version through the built-in interface. The reason is we have now OEM'ed the TX Text Control into the product (rather than you purchasing separately and externally deploying) so doesn't make sense for most customers. However, if you really would like to use X16 then you could purchase it from the vendor and embed it as an ActiveX control into your app.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.