Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
I just had to move PB to a new Computer after the hard drive crashed and am not getting an error message when starting PB which then shuts down PB. I have already looked at the past article that states that this is caused by the pb.ini in the User s...
I have license PB Universal and i try generate key for offline activation, but see error. You dont have mutliple license.How to activate PB 2019 beta with offline license ?!  ...
We use the built-in Filter window to allow users of our software to filter reports. We have run into a problem where occasionally users somehow get curly quotes (like “this”) into filter expressions and then of course they don't work. One way that c...
I am Encrypting the existing PHI data using SQL Server Symmetric Key and later I want to Decrypt the data in PowerBuilder using SymmetricDecrypt function.  Is this Possible in PowerBuilder 2017 R3?...
In PB 2017 R3 1858  the Date ("string") function doesnt seem to recognise 4 digit years In my case I have to conver strings like 31-Dec-2012  But  Date("31-Dec-2012") returns 12/31/2020 (in US M/d/yyyy) From what I can tell the Date function is onl...
Dear supporter:        As we deploy Powerbuilder application with SNC connection for SQLSERVER2017, few PC encountered error message below to indicated that the SNC not connected, as we download and installed SQLserver SNC driver 2008, and deploy t...
Desarrollamos una aplicación en PowerBuilder 2017 R3, la compilamos el apk, y probamos en dispositivos android sin problemas, al publicar el apk en googlePlay depliega el siguiente mensaje:   "Error en la carga En este momento, tu app está ori...
Hello PB developer friends, I have Appeon PB 2017 installed on my Windows 10 laptop. I am trying to connect Oracle DB (12c). So created DB profile in both under 'O10  Oracle 10g' and 'ORA Oracle'. But I am getting 'ORA-12541: TNS: no listener' error...
Hello, Will C# integration is a full fledged one, should we work on other IDEs also for features not supported by PB C# ?  ie whatever we do with C# in VS, we think that all could be done in PB C#.    If not, any plan to make it a full fledged C# i...
I'm looking for something that can be used for out commercial on premise apps exactly how Appeon Powerbuilder works for per user license.  Right now we have something per Mac Address (like old SAP) and need something better like the Appeon model wor...
Why am I able to send a simple email through sp_spend_dbmail on the SQL server but when I try to send the same code through Powerbuilder it does not work.  For example, the following code works fine in ISQL   exec msdb.dbo.sp_send_dbmail@profile_na...
Hi, I’m planing to migrate and testing the new version of PowerBuilder, 2017-R3. Currently we have version 8.0 installed and we want to migrate our application to the latest version. We work with Informix Database. The reason for this change is we...
Hello,   In the Appeon Toolkit when I deploy an application on a remote server it does not allow me to debug it. Is this option allowed?   Best Regards, Oscar Naranjo     ...
We are having issues with running transact sql (not all of them) and Stored Proc datawindow. When we deployed to Local IIS server everything runs fine, when we deploy to the Web Server and run the app there we are receiving many of the following err...
We are currently migrating from PB12.5 to PB12.6 along with the PFC 12.6 that we got from GIT.  One of the issues we are having is before we would call pfc_printdlg to set up the Print to File by calling:  if GetFileSaveName("Print to File", + &    ...
Good morning Guru In a big project I have performance problems in using GIT. There are very long waiting times when the project is opened, the choice of the commit item, etc. I state that the application uses the PFC and consists of 28 libraries w...
I have one datawindow named 'ABC' on which there is column named 'XYZ'. XYZ will be having large text so I need scroll bar there. I have set the vertical scroll bar property of XYZ. After retrieving the record Vertical scroll bar is not visible. F...
Trying to get the feel for how this is supposed to work. Can someone tell me if I am missing something. Set up bonobo git on 2012 server, tortoisegit on the windows side. In the IDE you just open an object up for edit and save it and there is a ch...
In mobile app, after a download with File Service, how can i open easily the plugin folder or open a file downloaded. Currently i display a messagebox showing the plugin path. But it's not practical....
We are in a place in our project timeline where we can finally migrate to utilizing the new native SVN integration offered in PB2017 (specifically R3, LTS).  I've run into a few confusing setup requirements and trying to get clarification as to the i...

There are no discussions available here currently