Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi,  I'm trying to do this in Oracle: SELECT T.emm  FROM (select '​abc' as emm from dual) T where T.emm = 'abc' ORDER BY T.emm;   I get no rows.  When I leave out the WHERE phrase it works. Anyone any idea on why? I've also tried the same th...
Hello you all! I want to show the logo on a report, however it is shown only when I run the report from my computer. When other user tries to run the report the logo is not shown on the report. This are the steps I am following on Infomaker, 1. In...
When the application (MDI) is run it is docked to the upper left corner of the screen and cannot be moved around. How do I allow users to move it around screen (floating instead of docked)? Also Word based spell check popup comes behind the open appl...
Hi all, Stuck on a production issue, any suggestions or guidance is much appreciated Our environment is PB 2017 R3. SQL Server 2016. We have about 6 users accessing a compiled application residing on a windows server and folks tend to be working fr...
Hi, after applying a theme to an app, some datawindows are drawn with unnecessary scrollbars. There were no scrollbars without a theme. See attached pics. A datawindow has these properties turned on: LiveScroll, HScrollBar VScrollBar. No controls ...
All - Been doing PB development for 27 years ... never worked with in conjunction with Visual Studio. My company is upgrading from Visual Studio 2010 to 2022.  I've been tasked with testing to make sure there are issues. But I don't even know what...
Hi all, Before maybe migrating to 64 bits, has anyone noticed any speed advantages or disadvantages when running as 64 bit? regards, MiguelL  ...
  We are blocked on the login window with the spinner...
PowerBuilder string value to int array i need ► ◄ ls_value2 convert to ► ◄ noa_payment[]   //========need=========//noa_payment[] = ls_value2 String ls_data[], ls_value, ls_cln int noa_payment[] ll_col = dw_3.getcolumn() ls_cln = dw_3.D...
Hi PB Community... Is there a built in "tabbed document interface" (TDI), that can be switch to *easily* for a MDI application? I am porting from Powerbuilder.NET 12.5 to Powerbuilder 2021. The users came to quite like the "tabbed document interfa...
Hi WebBrowser object in PB 2022 has a new feature. PDFs are shown in pagemode (list of pages on the left side). Is it possible to turn it off? In previous versions a limited subset of Adobe parameters was implemented. In the current version it seems...
Hello, i received an email reporting the Open SSL Vulnerabilities, two days ago, My question is, the application that i am developing is built in Power Builder 17 R3, Is there any action required for that ? The application is not using FTP functi...
Hello,   Is there a way to check if any data in my DW changed? Not specific column or a row. Check the entire DW. Something like   :   dwItemStatus l_status l_status = dw_1.GetItemStatus(0 - row ,  0 - column ,  Primary!) if l_status  = New!...
Hi, Migrating from PB 2017 to PB 2022 and have a question about the Drop-down calendar option for Edit Mask style on the Edit tab for a datawindow column.  Here's how it looks in PB 2017: Here's how it looks in PB 2022: Is there any way to ma...
Hi,, Can I use the Pictures from the RibbonBar in DataWindow? Or are the re picture files available somewhere?   Thanks  //Steen  ...
I've used image files (png, bmp, etc.) in DW by referencing them using bitmap statement bitmap ( "email_image.png" )   Since switching to use the Ribbon Menu control I would like to use the newer icons in my DW's also in some cases. Example: bitm...
PB2019 R3 Theme version 190   By default our toolbar text size is set to 8 Once we apply a theme, that includes menu, the toolbar text size increases. We display a bitmap image, and below that the text is now cut off. So the text size increases w...
Hi, Going from pb 2021 to pb 2022 we got one issue with our PDF export. In PB 2021 it looks like the pdf export take in consider the with of the column shown in datawindow, while in pb 2022 the PDF export is printing all data read in to the field f...
Hi all, We are preparing for upgrading our legacy desktop application from PowerBuilder 2019 to 2022, but the exact same code that works upon compilation on 2019 simply does not run when compiled in 2022. No error messages, simply shows the "working...
I have two computers, can I develop on them as long as I'm only logged into one....

There are no discussions available here currently