1. Ivan Aase
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 11 November 2022 14:43 PM UTC

Hi,

Going from pb 2021 to pb 2022 we got one issue with our PDF export.

In PB 2021 it looks like the pdf export take in consider the with of the column shown in datawindow, while in pb 2022 the PDF export is printing all data read in to the field from the database.

Is there any known issue in pb 2022 on this or is there maybe some parameters to controll it ?

If there is a bug we may has to go back to pb 2021.

We are using NativePDF!

Attachments (1)
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 14 November 2022 15:12 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

I know Andreas supplied the URL (thank you, Andreas!), but here is where you find it. This is a snapshot from the bottom of the Appeon home page (www.appeon.com):

Comment
  1. Ivan Aase
  2. Monday, 14 November 2022 16:41 PM UTC
Thank you.

And it seems that I'm Blind :-)
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Friday, 11 November 2022 21:07 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I see one unusual thing: In the detail band, column object a_linjetekst1 and computed field cp_krredit both have their "Slide Up" (on the Position tab) property set to All Above. I cannot see any reason why Slide Up should be set this way. Try setting to None for both objects and see if that makes any difference.

I note that in the Data Export tab for the DW properties, the export method is set to Distill!. You might wish to see if setting this to NativePDF! makes a difference.

I also notice the DataWindow's version is 11.5. There's nothing wrong with that, but you might also try making a minor, inconsequential change to the DW, and saving it (to force PB to update the source syntax) to see if that makes a difference. Of course, changing the Slide Up and/or export method properties will accomplish this as well.

If there is no change in behavior, you'll probably want to report this as a bug.

Best regards, John

Comment
  1. John Fauss
  2. Saturday, 12 November 2022 17:11 PM UTC
Yes, I believe it is time to report a bug. I imagine it will be helpful to the engineers to attach the exported DW source in the bug report. Also, it will be very helpful to include an example of the data used in the report. What I typically do is execute the SQL SELECT statement in the ISQL pane of the PB Database Painter, then save the results as a CSV (comma-separated value) file, ensure that the results can be imported into the problematic DW, then attach the CSV to the bug report in addition to the exported DW source (.srd) file. Good luck!
  1. Helpful
  1. Ivan Aase
  2. Monday, 14 November 2022 12:00 PM UTC

Do you have a link where to registrate a bug ?

I could not find it any place, but maybe I'm blind ?

Thank's

Ivan Aase.
  1. Helpful
  1. Andreas Mykonios
  2. Monday, 14 November 2022 13:36 PM UTC
Hi.

Here is the link to submit a support case to statndard support portal https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug.
  1. Helpful
Ivan Aase Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 11 November 2022 19:25 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

John Fauss

See the attache zip file with the datawindow used.

Ivan.

Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. Friday, 11 November 2022 17:35 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi, Ivan -

Is there an expression on the Width property of the column object in question?

Would you be willing to export the DataWindow data object, zip the exported source (.srd) file, and attach the zip file to a separate reply in this thread?

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.