Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi everyone,  I am currently exploring the option of connecting to a Workspace. I am trying to add Source Gear Vault to my Source Control System but I don't see an option for it unfortunately. So I currently have no workspace, and I right click on ...
Yes, I can use the JSONGenerator to build a file to spec from scratch, but I'd like to avoid that. I'd rather use an existing JSON file as a template, as a foundation, a starting point. There are a number of Key/Value pairs whose Key name is not un...
If so, where is it located, or what settings can I adjust to change where it gets installed? This link suggests it should be in C:\inetpub, but I can't tell if it's still current. I also looked in the location used by the Powerbuilder Installer. ...
Hi Everyone Has anyone used TopWiz LDAP (or other) to access Groups that the Current User is a member of? I'm struggelng to find a suitable reference to construct the relevant query. Any assistance woudl be welcome. Thanks David...
Hi. I'm supporting an existing powerbuilder app that uses n_resize_service, which seems to have been developed by Sybase originally. I'm looking for documentation for n_resize_service because I have one window that isn't behaving as I expect/desire....
Hi  I want to verify my understanding of the resizing behavior. I'm reverse engineering some code that is using the resize service.   I'm opening a window inside a MDI. the window has a number of controls, one if which is registered with scalebott...
Hi, one of our customers is using Macs (not sure what version of iOS). They run virtual Windows 11 on it and our PB app. The PB app from PB 12.1 works fine. The PB 2022 (MR 1892) app does not. It crashes during launching on PBVM.dll. The only thi...
Hi, I am working on a few different things at the moment, JSON being one of them. I was wondering how can I edit my JSON file that has nested objects (i think that's the correct the term). In other words, a JSON structure that looks like this. { ...
Attempting to achieve in the JSON output, the following specification... "streetLines": [ "PLACEHLDR_SHIPPER_ADDRESS_LINE_1", "PLACEHLDR_SHIPPER_ADDRESS_LINE_2" ], Trying... ljp_address.setvalue( "streetLines", "[ 'PLACEHLDR_SHIPPER_ADDRESS_LINE_1...
i need to get -  pc serial number - hard disk serial   by pb 12.6...
Hi,  All my apps are getting this warning when compiling the projects. I reviewed the online documentation for migrating 32-bit application to 64-bit applications. However, I created a fresh project with no code in it except one string label to test...
Hi everyone,  I was asked to do some research on these questions regarding the runtime in PowerBuilder 2022. I found documentation on it that answers my questions, but would like to confirm my understandings with people knowledgeable on this topic. ...
Hi PBers..... I migrated some apps from PB2019 to PB2022 and I have hard time using themes. I simply can not use them. So, I created a new template SDI application, I tried to activate themes using the "additional properties" button in application ...
Hi,is the some info to connect Powerbuilder to the SIAM Identity Provider?  pls send me links and samples. thx.André...
Hi, A fairly thorough search on the internet has yielded several old posts about how to accomplish this. The most recent post I found, uses the STD framework, which isn't an option for me so I haven't tried that one but none of the others work. Usin...
Q: Why a column with Autosize Height = Yes is not returning the new height at runtime? Its a column for a lot of junk text. Problem: Always return me the height i set in design mode. A message returns wrong height with following expression Long(D...
HI, In the newest PB is possible to set the runtime path in XML setting file:  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><Application> <RuntimePath>C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 22.0.0.1878</RuntimePath...
I watched the very interesting session "Solving Thorny .NET Integration Issues with PowerBuilder 2022" by Donald Clayton. Because Mr. Clayton shaw's private code, so I ask about links or samples of .NET integration via Assembly with PowerBuilder. I n...
Hi, I want to keep the original .json formatting when setting a value to my .json.  My original .json file After running my code, it puts everything on a single line.   My code jsonString = create JsonPackage checkError = jsonString.LoadFi...
After upgrading from PB2019R2 to PB2022 (build 1878) and migrating our source code, we've experienced some difficulties / inconsistencies between running our application via the IDE (in x64 mode) vs. a complied/deployed .exe (64-bit). When running w...

There are no discussions available here currently