1. Tomas Beran
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 1 November 2022 16:56 PM UTC

Hi

WebBrowser object in PB 2022 has a new feature. PDFs are shown in pagemode (list of pages on the left side). Is it possible to turn it off? In previous versions a limited subset of Adobe parameters was implemented. In the current version it seems none of them work.

Example:

http://server/some.pdf#view=Fit&pagemode=none&statusbar=0&messages=0&toolbar=0&navpanes=0

Is it possible to turn it off in some other way? Like through WebBrowserSet?

Mark Montgomery Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 16 November 2022 17:11 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Tomas,

Can you share what parameter(s) you added to get the PDF to show up in the web browser control with the toolbar at the top but not the page panel on the left?

The only way I've found where the page panel doesn't show up is by adding &toolbar=0 to the PDF I'm navigating to, but I don't want that to be the solution as it takes away other desired functionality from the toolbar. 

Thanks,

Mark

Comment
  1. Tomas Beran
  2. Friday, 18 November 2022 10:36 AM UTC
Hi

Unfortunately I've to stay compatible with Adobe Reader DC syntax because I use 3D PDFs, PDFs with signatures etc.

my magical formula is this:

http://server/file.pdf#view=Fit&pagemode=none&statusbar=0&messages=0&toolbar=0&navpanes=0

The '#' is important here and mustn't be changed to '?'.

This turns off all the "features" Adobe is trying to sell and it works with CEF too.
  1. Helpful
  1. Andreas Mykonios
  2. Friday, 18 November 2022 12:19 PM UTC
Hi.

I did some tests and for me file:///C:/Users/a.mykonios/Desktop/file.pdf#view=Fit&toolbar=1&statusbar=1&navpanes=1&pagemode=none&page=2 will not work fine. Only params view, toolbar and page seem to work. As a result, in my tests, it was impossible to display toolbar and hide panels, as Mark states.

Andreas.
  1. Helpful
  1. Mark Montgomery
  2. Friday, 18 November 2022 15:01 PM UTC
Andreas (and Tomas),

Thanks for your replies. Not a huge deal to not be able to suppress the left page pane, just something that would be nice to have. Or at the least, be able to retain the settings once you click on the Menu in the upper left to suppress the left page pane for the next time the application is launched.

Mark
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Tomas Beran Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 2 November 2022 11:29 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Sorry, my mistake. It works. There was a bug in 2021 and it worked only if Adobe specific parameters weren't there. So I was removing them before Navigate was called. I removed this workaround and it started to work again.

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Wednesday, 2 November 2022 11:41 AM UTC
Great to hear that ! Please mark as resolved.
  1. Helpful
  1. Kai Zhao @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 3 November 2022 01:47 AM UTC
Glad to hear that!
  1. Helpful
Kai Zhao @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 2 November 2022 02:25 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Tomas,

This is Chromium-related. The WebBrowser control was built on Chromium, Chromium 102 is used for Webbrower in PowerBuilder 2022 while it is Chromium 72 in the previous version, and I find the latest Chrome 107 has the same behavior.

The Adobe parameters in the link below work well on both WebBrowser control and Chrome 107 on our end. If it does not work well on your end, please test if it works on Chrome, and please provide a simple PB case for more study, thanks.
http://server/some.pdf#view=Fit&pagemode=none&statusbar=0&messages=0&toolbar=0&navpanes=0

BTW, WebBrowserSet does not support specifying the above Adobe parameters.

Regards,
Kai

Comment
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 1 November 2022 18:36 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi,

If now none of the previously working adobe parameters are working, maybe you could consider create a ticket for this?

https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug?check_logged_in=1

regards

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.