Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi,   I'm using a datastore to retrieve data. The RetrieveAsync methode has a parameter called arguments of type object[]. How do I best use this parameter? For example: I'm trying to get all rows with a column that is smaller than 1000. How do i...

ShellExecuteW()

Hi all, Now that hyperlinktourl() has been sort of deprecated, I changed my calls to use the ShellExecuteW() API. I've learned something new, that might serve others. I was trying to open an image file and it failed returning 31. The problem was th...
Good day,   I need help from you guys... I am new with API infrastructure... Our company subscribe to a sms blast from a certain company... then, they just gave us a link RESTFUL API for the sending and receiving  of SMS... I don't have any idea ab...
Hi We are using PowerBuilder 2019 R3. I need to upload files to Azure BLOB store. I have tried using HTTPClient and RESTClient (Post, SendRequest, etc) to upload files. It is not working. FYI I am using SAS Tokens. There is no documentation I could...
Hi    I am building a JSON string using the jsongenerator object I have a root item with a handle of ll_childobject In a loop i am trying to create a new array called "measures"  on the first iteration i get 45 for the value of ll_measuresArray a...
I connect to SQLServer with ODBC 18 in login window. I retrieve a report that takes long time. I terminate connection from server side. I get message on the client side that communication link is broken. I wrote code for the retrieve button so th...
Hello, I'm using the excellent "new" WebBrowser Control introduced in PB2019 R2. (https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r2/whats_new/ch01s05.html) It works like a charm when I run it in Powerbuilder, but not in our compiled .exe + pbd project.I suspect one ...
Hi Guys We are using PBNISMTP downloaded from TopWiz (latest version). We are getting an when attempting to send an email. The error is a messagebox from the PBNISMTP code: Could not send message: Error: 8007007B Description: The filename, directo...
Hello all. We recently updated our software to use the new PB UI themes. Our customers haven't had any problems with this working in production, except for one group of customers who are using Windows Server 2016 to host , and RDS to connect to the ...
What is the default height of toolbars? Can they be changed?         PowerBuilder 2021 build 1506 Windows 10 Enterprise. ...
I know that there is the OpenUserObject function that allows creating a userobject variable where the object name is in a string. I want to do it with non-visual userobjects and OpenUserObject only works with dragobject (visual) and the parent must ...
Hi. I'm having an issue with an edit that we've added to a pb window.    The window has 2 datawindows. We've added code to itemchanged to validate, but this code only fires if I tab off the field, or click on another field on THAT datawindow. If we...
Hi all, I'm starting migration from PB2021 to PB2021, in PB2021 autoscript worked for me including local variables   but Now under PB2022 it does not. I have no idea what i could be doin wrong. here a a few images of setting of the basic stuff. ...
One of the worst problem with PowerBuilder(by birth) is that it cannot save object if there is error in script.   Is there a way to save object if whole bunch of errors are there in any script?   Why not there is need for autosave?   Note: This...
Tenemos una aplicaciion en produccion con Power Server 2021. Y tenemos la necesidad de utilizar SOAP para consumir WSDL , ademas de enviar informacion. Cual es la manera mas adecuada de hacer esto, sabiendo que actualmente SOAP ya esta obsoleto des...
  hello how are you everybody i have aproblem and need for Helping Please;     i have 4 datawindow side by side to review items with type tabular i insert code in mousemove event to change the name of item from black color to red color   i n...
I am attempting to convert a PB2022 project using PowerServer. I have installed PowerBuilder 2022 and have converted my PB2019 project to PB2022.  I have successfully created and connected to my SQL Server 2016 database using the SNC SQL Native Clien...
I recently migrated and deployed an application to PowerServer 2022 for a client as a proof-of-concept.  The application uses the java runtime via calls to a dll to retrieve and display image files.  When the app is launched in client/server mode via...
Hi PowerBuilder community, We have found that if the user types a curly bracket/brace - "{" - into the web browser control, that the chrome-devtools window is opened. I.e As below, using the webbrowserdemo application. 1. Focus the web browser con...
I have a question regarding the height of a window.  When I go into the painter to modify a window, I can look at its properties, including going to the Other tab and viewing/editing its Height.  I can also right click on the window in the treeview...

There are no discussions available here currently