1. Christopher Altvater
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Tuesday, 26 January 2021 15:36 PM UTC

Hello,

Any updates on when the PowerServer 2021 beta will start?

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Answer
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 26 January 2021 15:39 PM UTC
  3. # Permalink

Scheduled to start Feb 5th, but it is private beta that is by invite only.  Please email product@appeon.com to see if you can participate.  Thanks for your interest!

Comment
  1. Christopher Altvater
  2. Tuesday, 26 January 2021 15:46 PM UTC
Thank you!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Sanjay B Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 18 May 2021 14:32 PM UTC
  3. # 1

You are using PowerServer 2021 beta with which version of PowerBuilder?

thanks

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 18 May 2021 14:51 PM UTC

PowerServer 2021 beta works only with PowerBuilder 2021 beta, which is included with the PowerServer 2021 beta installer.
  1. Helpful
Sivaprakash BKR Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 29 April 2021 05:28 AM UTC
  3. # 2

Can we install Pb 2021 in Windows 7 ?  Many of our computers and our clients are still in Win 7.  LOL

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 29 April 2021 05:41 AM UTC
We don’t test this. You have to try and see if it works.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 29 April 2021 15:12 PM UTC
Hi BKR;

Appeon PB from version PB2019R3 and onward *no longer* supports W7.

FYI: http://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r3/release_bulletin_for_pb/system_requirements.html#system_requirements_for_powerbuilder

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
Robert Martyn Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 28 April 2021 23:48 PM UTC
  3. # 3

I'm running it now. 

The compile took a LONG time (20 minutes vs 5 to 7 minutes on average).

Application took a LONG time to launch, and it is PAINFULLY slow as it's running.

I could never deploy this to Production and expect the users to use it..... it would be a full revolt!!

Then again, since Siemens Energy is offshoring my job to India and I'll be out of work at the beginning of June, maybe I should push it into Production before I leave..  LOL!!!

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 29 April 2021 02:44 AM UTC
PowerServer has been completely revamped in this 2021 version. It now executes PowerScript natively instead of converting to JavaScript. As such, the client side performance is now same as PowerBuilder.

By the way, if you are using SQL Anywhere make sure you enable connection pooling. By default this is disabled in SQL Anywhere (don't know why SAP does this), and it will absolutely kill performance of a Cloud app whereas in client/server it doesn't have any impact.

Also, make sure to test using localhost instead of IP address to identify if there is an IP address config issue causing your problem. The cloud app makes lots of REST API calls so if there is problem with IP config it will show. Using localhost to test will help identify if it is PowerServer issue or your network config issue.

I'm really sorry to hear about your job situation, but in USA there is shortage of PB developers. So it should not be so difficult to find new opportunity.
  1. Helpful
  1. Yves Belle-Isle
  2. Friday, 14 May 2021 19:34 PM UTC

I have exactly the same issue.

We have huge application with lot of SQL to execute.

I'm not sure but when I take a look at the API logs, each request consume 20 to 30ms which is way too long when you have more than 100 transactions !

I'll write to the support to see if we can do something.

Regards.

Romuald
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 14 May 2021 19:52 PM UTC
Please open a support ticket and include code sample so we can analyze if this is a bug or not, and also any enhancement we can make to the beta version to further improve performance. The performance issue may also be caused by config issue. For example, if you are using SQL Anywhere, make sure to enable connection pooling because by default it is disabled by SQL Anywhere.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.