Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi,   I have recently installed to R3 on a new computer. However when I try to connect to workspace it returns  I am not sure where the log in info is coming from and where to change it. Additionally I tried to open up a workspace and there isn't ...
I am using PB 17 R2 and have the PowerServer installed. I'm running into issues with retrieving data when using a datawindow.  I can connect to the database, issue embedded sql and get data back, and can use a dynamically created datawindow and r...
Greetings.., Statictext mouse pointer is not working ( try to set during runtime no hope ) , any solution Regards Antony    ...
I would like the experts, to confirm if below case is a PB2017 bug. Preceding and succeeding character Char(26) ('') got removed when using Trim function. We have migrated from PB12.5 to PB2017R3(Build 1880). When we use Trim function to an encrypt...
Hi folks, (Migrating from PB 12.5.2) I couldn't find PBEJBCLIENT170.pbd in PB 2017 R3 (even in \Shared\PowerBuilder), neither any PBEJBCLIENT*.*. I read some issues resolved in R2, but there's no way to do the same in R3. Am I losing something? TI...
I am steal new at using the mobile functionality. What I am trying to accomplish is to make a phone call. From a datawindow showing the names and Phone numbers I am trying to make a phone call by selecting one of the Vendors in the list & pressing ...
I'm looking for code that automatically scrolls drop-down DataWindows to items that begin with the typed letter.  Similar to PFC n_cst_dwsrv_dropdownsearch....
We have a customer who has office 365 'click to run' installed version (vs full msi install).  They are not able to connect to excel using the ConnectToNewObject method call.  Excel is loaded, just it's the 'click to run' version.  Is it possible to ...
PBv12.1, build 7055PFC based appOracle 12CMy app has two command buttons -     If you click them with the mouse, they work.   If you tab over to them, the highlight outline is present, but when you hit the Enter key, nothing happens!What in the WORLD...
Hi everyone I'm having an issue with PB 2017 R3 (1858) where a datawindow with an expression in the sort order can't correctly restore that sort order later. I've attached an example DW Sort Order is as following: Running the following code on t...
Hello, I use to build outlook Email with OLE components and I want to insert the default digital signature in the htmlbody. Someone can help me?   I give you part of my code with the variables declarations : OLEObject viole_applicationOLEObject ...
I am using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1858.  SQLServer 2012 database. datawindow.Retrieve crashing program when try to retrieve 'too much' data. I have a report that takes a date range argument.  when I put in a short date range, the report runs fi...
Inno Setup v5Windows 7, 64 bit platform Everything seems to work, except that the application itself does not show up in the Control Panel's "Programs and Features" applet. However, the Uninstaller entry exists there!  Folders and files are created ...
With the new theming UI in beta, do we have the capability to make a checkbox and/or radiobutton look disabled in a datawindow like we can on a regular object? I have a screenshot below of what I mean outside of a datawindow.     I don't want to...
Hello I'm migrating a PB2017 application to support datatype from CHAR to NCHAR and I have problems using SNC connection migrating from  PB 6.5 and Native MS SQL driver. This is the connection string: SQLCA.DBMS = "SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB)"SQL...
Hi All,   I have a editable datawindow. I would like to use the left/right arrow to move between columns.  Currently user need to use the tab key to move to next column. Does anyone have any idea to achieve such behavior ?    Rgds, Chee Boon...
We are still running PB 12.5.2 build 5801 but was wondering if anyone else has recently run into an issue with MS Word formatting issues out of your application.  There were 2 recent updates that seemed to have caused it and one of them is a critical...
Using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880.  Nothing .NET, using standard PowerBuilder. ids_accs = CREATE DataStore ids_accs.DataObject = "d_users" ii = ids_accs.SetTransObject(SQLCA)   SetTransObject is returning -1 at runtime.  If running in the ID...
What version of PDFlib is used in R3? Version 9.2?   Thank you....
Hi all   I am trying to connect to a MSSql data base (2016) withADO.Net driver . It works fine from  IDE on one computer  but when i am trying to run the EXE on the another machine ( on the same LAN with full permission to the DB )  i am get...

There are no discussions available here currently