Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello everybody. I have PowerBuilder 8 and I'm migrating to 2017 R3. Someone could indicate me If there is an easy way to show the Display Column of the Code Table when I save a datawindow as Excel? Now in PowerBuilder 8 is it possible? I have 1 co...
We are using 2017 R3. For some time now we have been consuming .NET Soap web services from one of our business partners. They now require us to migrate to a new web service technology, called RPC/JSON. This is outside negotiation. I should like to ...
HI, If I run in debug mode a window with a datawindow in Powerbuilder 12.5 the display looks different than in Powerbuilder 2017? (See attachments) Regards, ML  ...
Hello PB Guru's I have one burning issue right now. Our PowerBuilder application is on version 12.6 and build # 4091 Some of our terminal users have reported that the application suddenly crashes and throws an 'InPageError'. This doesn't happen for...
Hello, I have an application in PB17 R3. I would like to have a table in cloud with the status of the users. So every time a user logs in, the application will check the status in the table in cloud. And accordingly the application will proceed or s...
I extract xml from an Oracle Clob in a view using the following type syntax select col1, col2, dbms_lob.substr( t.col_clob, 4000, 1 )) col_3 from table1 t I display the columns from the view in a DataWindow. I want to display the col_3 results ...
I'm running the latest version of PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880 Cloud Edition. I'm running into an issue where you remove a function call dependency that another object relied on.  So of course, doing an incremental build reveals this problem.  Ca...
Hi Gurus,   POWER BUILDER 2017R3 using older version rich text editor I need Help to resolve GPF Error when perform below action. On Rich Text - Input field Tab Page after modifying DATA Cliicking button[ OK or Apply ] throws GPF error and exits...
Hi ,   I am trying to call a web service from the Appeon PB. I have followed all the instructions mentioned in the article for the web-service call to work. When I try to make the call I get the exception "Cannot Invoke Web service"  My web-serv...
  Hi Team, I have recently reset my password, after resetting password, it is say that ID is already connected use different ID to connect. Please refere attached screenshot.    ...
I'm printing datawindow reports from within PowerServer (PM V2017 R3 Build 1858) in Chrome. I have no problem with the right mouse button menu displaying and providing printing. The but to this statement is, I have an existing print icon, and was wo...
Armeen, What is the best way to contact an Appeon MVP?  For consulting purposes? ThanksDennis...
I have received a request to enable multiple OR conditions on a query. This requires multiple lines in the dw. Is this accomplished by inserting rows after turning querymode on or is there another way to do this?  ...
PowerBuilder v12.1, build 7055PB ClassicOracle 12CI have two datawindows: dw_1 and dw_2.Dw_1 is the primary, the original dw.I did a SAVE AS and copied dw_1 into dw_2.Next, I removed the RETRIEVE statement from dw_2 in Edit Source mode, and replaced ...
Hi guys,   we are wondering if there's a way of getting a list of all the users connected to our application in a datawindow. we are using sqlanywhere as back-end.   i don't want to maintain a list with connections/deconnections myself.   any c...
My company has decided to upgrade from PB 12.5 to PB 2017-R3-MR1 (Build 1880). I'm coordinating installs for the other developers and have discovered that they have to install 2017 Base, then R3, then R3-MR1. Is it possible to get a full install of...
Thanks so much, Sheldon...
I implemented the SaveDockingState(regkey) function in a new PB2017 application to save the state of all docked / pinned windows and then use the LoadDockingState(), OpenSheetFromDockingState() & CommitDocking() functions to restore them.  This func...
I'm not sure what I did, I was in the process of changing sql on several datawindows, and I somehow got myself into a state where whenever I open any datawindow, the IDE crashes on me. I'm using PB 2017 R3, build 1858. At first I thought it was tied...
Hi, We have just upgraded our applications to PowerBuilder 2017.  We are consuming web services from our PowerBuilder applications, and the web services we consume require TLS versions 1.1 and above (TLSv1.0 has been shut off).  Can you please provi...

There are no discussions available here currently