Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
This is in PB 2017 R3. I'm having a weird problem where some code I'm using to try to determine whether an instance of my app is already running is somewhat randomly crashing the compiled program (or PB if I run from there or use the debugger). I ha...
Hello, We are using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880 on Windows 10 Pro.  I have created a menu object inherited from our base menu object.  The base object's menu style is contemporarymenu! and I have changed the inherited menu style to traditionalme...
Hello Communty, is there a way to use ORCA in a .Net project (preferably C#) without writing a c++ wrapper?I have tried several ways, but find no solution:- PBORC170.DLL is not COM visible, so not possible using via COM interface- directly import of...
Folks - we are trying to do our first build releases under the new Appeon PB17 and need some feedback on runtime environment.  With the old SAP/Sybase PB12, we were, I'm pretty sure, able to put  exe + pbd's in a folder, and just plop all the PB runt...
PowerBuilder 2017 R2 Build 1769 SQL Server 2012 I am working with a fairly old application that has been using the SQL Server ODBC Driver (SQLSRV32.DLL) for many years. We wish to upgrade to a newer driver so we can utilise some of the features uns...
Hi everyone, we are in our migration phase of PB 12.5.2 to 2017 R3. I'm imported the workpsace and target without problems.  I've deplpyed the webservice to create the new dll of my webservice. Trying to run the application in desgin mode and got sy...
In my project have too many custom NVO with not DS or DW. How to use this NVO in C# code or how to publish RestFull Service with this NVO ?!...
I'm trying to log into PowerBuilder 2017 from a new machine.  Although I can log in the account from another computer, I've confirmed that the user account is not occupied by another connection.  I'm getting a "No network connection" error.  I'm actu...
Hi. All! Subj : Today it happened at one of our developers. OS - Windows 10 Corporate 64bit We tried: 1. Regenerate 2. Optimize  3. Export/import objects 4. Create new Target 5. Create new Workspace 6. Clear layouts in windows registry 6. R...
Hi Guru I have a problem with an application that crashes. Ecosystem: Windows server 2012r2 Oracle 10 Powerbuilder 2017r3 When I retrieve a datawindows the system goes into error. The retrieve should recover 3,137,457 records. Thi...
Hi all, I'm trying to deploy a .net web service (PB2017 R3) to a production server and, when I try to test it, I get the "Could not load file or assembly 'Sybase.PowerBuilder.DataWindow.Interop.dll' or one of its dependencies".  I've checked all th...
I'm receiving an unhandled win32 exception error in PB170.exe when trying to execute an application in debug mode.  The diagnostics indicate that "No installed bebugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled."  I confirmed that JIT is not checked within ...
Hi I've been trying to migrate my two tier application into Appeon PowerServer Web, got an error saying we've so many unsupported objects/functions (including TransactionServer, ErrorLogging and so on). Is there any place or file which has an altern...
Hello All, Any one have any experience using FireBird Database with PowerServer I know that we must use the Java version and set it the cache to Other but i will like to know if someone have done it and how simple is. the other solution will be to...
Hi All,   I installed Powerbuilder 2017 and have oracle 11g client 32 bit installed in windows server 2008 machine 64 bit. When trying to connect to database through DB profile , I am getting error "ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect ide...
I just upgraded our PB 2017 from R1 to R3 and now Infomaker 2017 does not even run.  Get the following any ideas how to fix it?  Do I need to re-install Infomaker, since its R1 will it do anything to PB2017 R3 since there are some shared dll's.  ...
When I call the datawindow Print method with the option to show the print dialog, the dialog appears twice regardless of whether I print the document or cancel from the first print dialog. If I call the print method without showing the dialog, the da...
I have a super odd problem going on with a PowerBuilder program.  We are in the process of testing out all of our existing PowerBuilder programs on a Windows 10 computer.  This particular program is written in PB Classic 12.5.  The program is complet...
Hi everyone I need to add a QR Code with a certain height and width to a Datawindow. Now from what I've seen, most people suggest using a QR font as the easiest way to add a QR Code to a Datawindow. Unfortunately, (unless I'm overlooking something)...
Hi all. Is source control (git) implemented and up in 2019 beta? I cant get it to run it is not holding values. Here is some pictures. 007.jpg - at this point i am not able to save and keep any values.   Thank, you.   Sincerely Vlad...

There are no discussions available here currently