Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi guys. We are trying to connect to an Azure DB using PB 2017, but get the following error SQLSTATE = HY000Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0Server name cannot be determined.  It must appear as the first segment of the server's dns name (serv...
Greetings, We are facing a problem with TLS 1.2 protocol, We are using SOAP object class in our application to connect our client web service, now they changed their protocol from TLS 1.0 to TLS 1.2, when our Application (build on pb2017r3 ) is runn...
Hi All, Hoping someone can help me with this... Our Appeon Mobile App is being used by over 100 users within a global organisation.  All users are using iOS devices. Within the app we provide the ability for users to search records based on Name. ...
Hi,    I have to copy files from AWS S3 bucket to local System without using AWS CLI.  I got the information like it is possible in PB 2019 Cloud Edition (C#). Can you please guide me on this.   Thanks & Regards, Reshma S...
I am working on some of features available in Appeon (PowerBuilder 2019) for upgrading from the old version. I need some information/help for the following topics Converting Blob into string I am encrypting the plain text using “SymmetricEncryp...
Arrived at remote site location to discover the Sysadmins had life cycled my developer's box.  Old box is now unavailable for license de-activation.  Who do I need to contact to get the license de-activated so I can get a new one for the new PC/Lapto...
Hi, We are using PB 6.5 version, which uses ntwdblib.dll for DB connection, We are suing SQL server 2008 R2. recently TLS1.0 on the SQL server is disabled. Which result in we are not able to access DB from PB. Everytime when application is try to op...
Hi all,  is there any way to use the ORCA-Script without modifying the modification date? Every time I use the build or the regenerate command my objects in the PBL's gets a new modification date. But afterwards in Powerbuilder I can't see which obj...
Hi guys,   Since PB doens't yet support merging multiple PDFs files into 1 , we need to roll our own solution.   I have created a function , that takes 2 blobs as parms , i read them in a blob and just for testing purposes i write them again in t...
Hi folks,   On one of our client computers the OLE to Excel crashes. While the statement: li_rc = myoleobject.ConnectToNewObject ("Excel.Application") works fine, al later call to open an excel file crashes myoleobject.workbooks.Open (ls_filena...
Is it possible to change dddw child for a column based on other values in the row?...
Hello All: After migration from PB 12.5 Classics to PowerBuilder 2017 R3 we are facing an issue with the images and pictures. All pictures on PictureButtons (assigned via PictureName) are visible in the appropriate objects. They are not visible whe...
Hi, Does anyone know if there is or will be a Powerbuilder support for Azure Cosmos DB? https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cosmos-db/https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cosmos-db/introduction Regards,Marcin  ...
I have an app that I recently migrated to PB 19. It tested fine after the build. I needed to create a new project file in order to run the deployment. Following deployment and with a new executable the app launches but fails at the login step. I'm ju...
Hi all,Does anyone know if it is possible to save a datawindow or a graphic from Powerbuilder directly into a Powerpoint? I couldn't find a way in Powerbuilder and also no 3rd party tool achieving this requirement. Thanks & regards Angela...
I have migrated an old application into PowerBuilder 2019. On the development machine, it runs fine. On the user machine it is looking for some 12.5 dlls. pbvm125.dll, pbshr125.dll and atl71.dll. When I copied this into the folder, the app still won'...
I just want to confirm my understanding. Suppose I have the following (over-simplified) code: nvo_myobj objobj.StringValue = "foo"w_mywindow.Post wf_do_something("The value is: " + obj.StringValue)DESTROY obj Is that OK, because the function argume...
In a effort to migrate from db2 to sql server i have run into a problem where an embedded sql command 'insert into' into a keyword column is not working in Sql Server but worked in db2. /// //db2 INSERT INTO xxxxx.WS_TEMPLATE                      ...
Hi,    I have to copy files from AWS S3 bucket to local System without using AWS CLI.  I got the information like it is possible in PB 2019 Cloud Edition (C#). Can you please guide me on this.   Thanks & Regards, Subin Subash...
I've run into a situation which seems to have been around for years.  When filtering a dddw in a datawindow that has multiple rows, I lose the display value and get the key value in the non-current rows using the GetChild and SetFilter.  I found some...

There are no discussions available here currently