Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Last year I made a change in a Powerbuilder 2017 R3 program.  Specifically these were to change the name of a function call to update_last_login_dt to update_last_login_dt2 in the w_login window.  I pushed the changes to the central GIT repository, b...
Hello all, i am starting to develop a New PB app that must call a Python RestAPIthis is the code i have in Python working and need to translate it to PBI must send and image as a parameter import requests url = "http://10.0.0.10:5005/subir/" payl...
Hello   Does anyone know how I can trigger a MP4 video file thru PB? Just like I would show a PDF or BMP.   Thank You  Tom    ...
Hi Guys, Again me haha, this time is about the mouse events of a picture button control, i'm using a picture button for change the look style, but i have a little problem and i'm seen that with those buttons the effect when the mouse is captured isn...
I have a datawindow that is getting it's information via an embedded select statement to my database. I have confirmed the select statement works against the database directly, and I have confirmed that they work when I use the "Run/Preview" within t...
Hello,  I am trying to build a custom screen inside our software using infoamker. where two menus are related. (This lives on a constituent account (on the same ID)).  MenuA has values and MenuB has values. A user selects a value from MenuA and tha...
Hi I want to access NVARCHAR2 fields in my Oracle DB 12.1.0.2.0 from a Powerbuilder 11.5 Application. DB-Params: NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET = AL16UTF16 NLS_CHARACTERSET = WE8MSWIN1252 No NLS_ Registry entries Powerbuilder: NLS Charse...
I'm using Powerbuilder 2019 R2 Beta and SnapDevelop. I migrated a simple application to PB2019R2 and then built a Web API in SnapDevelop following the instructions in  https://docs.appeon.com/appeon_online_help/dwconverter2019r2/CRUD_Operations_wit...
Just curiosity or maybe giving Appeon an idea:   Can Infomaker somehow interact with .Net SnapDevelopped services? That might be a great enhancement for some users....
I've build 3 dddws in a detail window, only one row in the detail window.  the dddws are dependent, thrid on the second, second on the first.  I use GetChild and send variables to the SQL to get the appropriate result set.  This works, but when the c...
Can anyone please advise on how to check compatibility of 2017 R3 with IBM CICS Universal Client V9.1? Are they compatible?...
Hi, it's possible to close an external application with Powerbuilder ? example : close 'xxxx.exe' ? thanx...
Is there any plans to have a debugger for other browsers (other than IE). Especially since it is slowly becoming unusable? ...
Hi, I am looking for possibility to automaticaly compile .net assebly. I found only way do it is direct in PB enviroment. How can I do by PBC190 or by orcascript?   Best regards dao...
Hi Guys, again me haha, someone has the knowledge how i can to change the style of a button? i would like to change the background color and the border style but i don't know how can to do it, i don't know if will can to do that the button looks wi...
One of my objectives is to upgrade an application to the most current version of PowerBuilder. Does the community have any suggestions for me so as to minimize any problems I may encounter?...
Hi Gurus, Need Help... We have downloaded latest major release of Powerbuilder 2017R3 Build 1880 for old RichText EditControl.   The RichText EditControl. works fine in powerbuilder development environment.   When I create EXE and execute appli...
The code bellow works fine in SQLAnywhere and SQLServer 12 but fails on SQLServer Express 10.50.6000. The result dw does not have the update property set and the key attribute in not set on the primary key fields. ls_sql = "SELECT * FROM CMF " ls_...
Hello,We have PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and 2019, we cannot have both IDE's open at the same time because of the account check. "This account is already logged in to PowerBuilder. Please use another account" I'm sorry, but that sounds really stupid. Is ...
We are planning on use the SQL Anywhere dbremote program to maintain two copies of the same database on servers in two different timezones.   We have a number of timestamps in our database and currently none store the timezone.   It is very easy to c...

There are no discussions available here currently