Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Have a small app that builds and runs in the IDE without issues or errors.  The .exe doesn't even open anything and there are no messages of any kind.  Using PB 2019 Trial and starting to get concerned.  Just sent out a question about menu errors tha...
Once I've applied a theme is there any way to turn off themes? I tried applyTheme("") but that didn't work...
PowerBuilder Version 2017 R3 Build 1880   I’m getting the below error while opening my workspace Appeon powerBuilder 2017 R3 has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you...
Hi all, I am facing a strange issue while fetching an array of a specific object type from .NET C# to PB 11.2 (classic) via COM. My C# code is as follows: namespace RestHandler { [ComVisible(true)] [Guid("3CF8AB49-5E7D-4719-B277-5047C6A...
Hi - I was converting some DataWindows to a C# modal that has some Computed Fields that use a custom global function written in PowerBuilder.  How can I add a C# static function written to do the same when evaluating expressions (DWCompute) on these ...
PB 2019R2 beta includes PS 2020.  Is this considered a production copy of PS 2020, or is this considered beta version of PS2020?...
Hello, i'm creating a web application with PowerBuilder 2019. Everything working fine but i would like to tune it up to improve performance so i started to follow the precious advices in the appeon performance tuning guide.I have a nvo that i've alre...
Is there an automated way to get latest from TFS for all objects in a target?  Maybe Orca Script?...
Hello, team Where I can find help on DwMeta usage? How do I access fields and computes values? Thank you...
We are using PB/SnapDevelop 2019 build 2082 with an Oracle 12 database.  I created a datawindow/datastore object with a SELECT that matches the columns and datatypes of an external datawindow and then ported it to the API using the C# Model Generator...
Hello, team I think, this might actually be a bug in PS conversion tool. All embedded SQL commands are converted as "_context.function", even though there are sevral transaction objects defined in the source script and specific "using my_trn" is wr...
Hello, team What would be the correct way to migrate DBError event from PB classic to .NET? Thank you...
Hi all! The RibbonBar control has LoadFromXML(), LoadStringFromXML() and the JSON related functions. Since you provide directly loading from a string variable, I think you should provide a method to directly export it to a string variable! What do ...
Hello, I am looking at creating a mobile application to track multiple lorry GPS coordinates with the aim to display these coordinates of each lorry ontop of a map on a desktop application. What are the best methods, and are there any tutorials/vide...
Hi All, Is it possible to create a datawindow from the HTML file?   Thanks in advance....
Hi,     I have window called w_window1 with datawindow dw_1. I would like to call retrieve event on that dw_1 from function test1, but after w_window1.dw_1.retrieve() i got error.   Error Number 2. Error text = Null object reference at line .....
I'm using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 I have a problem with PowerBuilder new SaveAs to PDF feature using NativePDF. It is not retaining Unicode/UTF-16 Characters. They being dropped off. I’m using the following:  NativePDF! Method for PDf format on the da...
We recently migrated our database server OS from Windows 2008 R2 to Windows 2012 R2. Note that we're still running SQL Server 2008 R2, but the 64-bit SQL Server 2008 R2 was installed, whereas we were running 32-bit SQL Server 2008 R2 in the old envir...
If I have an if statement that is long and I want to continue it to another line, what is the format? The typical & (carriage return) + format is being flagged as a syntax error.   ...
I have migrated an app from 12.5.1 to 2019 and have a problem running it. The 12.5 version runs fine but the 2019 version just disappears. The application requires parameters which get passed via the shortcut which have not changed. When I double cli...

There are no discussions available here currently