Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Good day, PB gurus I am wondering if any of you have done integrating the AdobeSign into a PB application?  If so, would be possible to share any insight/method used? Thank you CJ...
I currently have PB 2017 R2 installed on my Windows 7 Desktop and would like some advice on how I can transfer the license to allow me to install the PB onto my Windows 10 Laptop....
PB v12.1 b7055Client/Server appWindows 7 64 bit SP 1Is there a way to get a unique ID for my current app? Ideally I'l liketo get a unique LONG of STRING value that uniquely identifies the current instance of the app. That way if I have 3 instances of...
Hi All. Perhaps third party tool? Chilkat - has somewhat close, but not what we need, we need to invoke API https://www.example-code.com/powerbuilder/aws_pre_signed_url_v4.asp Any directions will be greatly appreciated. Thank You Sincerely Vla...
Hi Developers,    Would it be possible to migrate an application built in PB 6.5 into PB 2019 directly ? Does any one have faced any challenges during this migration ?     Thank you !!   Regards, Devendra Pratap Singh   ...
Hello Appeon Community, I have a problem with a rte window in PowerBuilder 2019. I'm using the command "SetTextStyle" in order to create a custom button to reset all the text style changes (bold, italic, underline, etc) to the text in the control. ...
We have and app generated with PB2019. Running on Powerserver 2019 Group Edition. In the app there is a functionality of drag and drop. The drag and drop functionality is trigger by double tap. In the Android devices works perfect with no problem bu...
Dear Armeen -    It appears as if I have managed to convince my company to at least LOOK at the new version of PowerBuilder. It took long enugh, but I finally found someone in upper management who was receptive. In that vein, the company has the foll...
For an Visual ActiveX control (.net dll) to be listed on the     OLECustomObject -> Insert object Dialog list.  Must it have a strong name be installed in the GAC Must it have an internal manifest resource packed in? Any other requirement...
Hi, Can Power Builder 2019 migrate a PB client/server desktop application to .NET WinForms or WPF?  ...
Hi Guys! I need to know if is possible to do break a long text in multi lines in a tooltip...
Does PowerBuilder 19 supports or complaint with Oracle 12.2c?...
We are moving to GAC-free COM InterOp.   For our non-visuals we changed .NET class progIds, ClsIds and removed strong naming and generated internal assembly manifests.  We changed the ProgID in our PB OLE ConnectToNewObject calls and all is well B...
Hi guys. We are trying to connect to an Azure DB using PB 2017, but get the following error SQLSTATE = HY000Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0Server name cannot be determined.  It must appear as the first segment of the server's dns name (serv...
Greetings, We are facing a problem with TLS 1.2 protocol, We are using SOAP object class in our application to connect our client web service, now they changed their protocol from TLS 1.0 to TLS 1.2, when our Application (build on pb2017r3 ) is runn...
Hi All, Hoping someone can help me with this... Our Appeon Mobile App is being used by over 100 users within a global organisation.  All users are using iOS devices. Within the app we provide the ability for users to search records based on Name. ...
Hi,    I have to copy files from AWS S3 bucket to local System without using AWS CLI.  I got the information like it is possible in PB 2019 Cloud Edition (C#). Can you please guide me on this.   Thanks & Regards, Reshma S...
I am working on some of features available in Appeon (PowerBuilder 2019) for upgrading from the old version. I need some information/help for the following topics Converting Blob into string I am encrypting the plain text using “SymmetricEncryp...
Arrived at remote site location to discover the Sysadmins had life cycled my developer's box.  Old box is now unavailable for license de-activation.  Who do I need to contact to get the license de-activated so I can get a new one for the new PC/Lapto...
Hi, We are using PB 6.5 version, which uses ntwdblib.dll for DB connection, We are suing SQL server 2008 R2. recently TLS1.0 on the SQL server is disabled. Which result in we are not able to access DB from PB. Everytime when application is try to op...

There are no discussions available here currently