Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello   I have a ws which one of its functions getting files as  an array of bytes . I convert the array into a blob , and save it as a file in the hard disk The problem is I can't save it out side the iis directory   Does any one have an idea ...
I noticed that PB19 themes behave differently between MDI and MDI docked. It’s seems that within an mdi dock application, the background color of a window does not change according to the themes. In the attached files, you will notice the difference...
Is Possible to copy AWS s3 bucket folder data to local System without using AWS CLI ?   Currently I am using AWS CLI to copy data from AWS s3 bucket to local system.   I am trying to avoid AWS CLI interface . Is it possible from PB 2019 ?   Can...
Hello, all Immediately after installing PB 2019 R2 Beta, the VS2017 on my machine lost the ability to target .NET standard 2.0 What exactly does the PB 2019 R2 installation changes in the global VS settings? I, myself, suspect Snap Develop, which ...
We have developed the application using power builder r2 build 1756 . The application is used for bulk insert/update of summary records ( more than 1 lakh) into tables . The application successfully inserts some 18000 records and then it closes/crash...
Hello, Prerequisites - Appeon 2017 has been running for years with no issues from Citrix.   We successfully migrated from Appeon 2017 to Appeon 2019 latest version. We replaced all the runtime DLL's in our deployment directory. The app runs perf...
My setup Windows 10.0.18362.10024 PB 2019 R2 #2203 Monitor Scale Factor = 125% When I open C# Class Importer in PB IDE it redraws at 100% while rest of screen remains at 125%. IDE Toolbar also displays at 125% and therefore overlap with menu ...
Our application has been currently deployed to web. The powerserver license that we have activated is a developer edition and the maximum universal sessions & devices is 5. We would need much more sessions for test and production deployment. Wha...
Hi all,   We have Powerbuilder 11.5 App running on Citrix Receiver 4.9 with Windows 2008 R2. We have unique problem, application working fine when it runs in office. The same Application runs in remote but the application freezes once the window is...
PB programmers,Please help calculate age between dates: 31.August.1993 and 01.March.2019 !Thank you and best regards...
I have updated my computer to Windows 10 64 bits and I find the problem that the ZIMAGLIT.EXE program does not work on 64-bit operating systems.Is there another program that converts images into the GRF format?Do you have any function that performs t...
Hi ,   Is it possible to copy files from AWS S3 bucket to our local system using PowerBuilder 2019 ?   Currently we are using AWS CLI command to copy files from AWS S3 bucket to local system.   If possible then which version of PowerBuilder wil...
I have recently seen usage of  C# Class Importer in PowerBuilder 2019 where you do need to create the COM component tin order to access  the function in C# DLL. However when I see my PowerBuilder 2019 I can only See the tool C# Model Generator and n...
Hi - I am doing some evaluation of PowerBuilder 2019R2 SnapDevelop.  I am using DWNet.Data.IDataStore<TModel> to retrieve some data and would now like to Evaluate a DataWindow Expression but do not see the method.    I believe there is a DWNe...
Hi All, API for RibbonBar has changed in public beta #2279 compared to earlier betas (e.g. #2203) LoadFile( ... ) is gone. LoadFromJSON( ... ) and LoadFromXML( ... ) are new. There are probably more changes since R2 adds a lot of functionalit...
Hi, I would like automate compiling powerbuilder projects. I am try compile .net assebly project using orca script and it is finishing with error: Orca error in 'buildProject'. Result Code -21. Component builder build for project p_webtime_assembl...
I downloaded this patch from Appeon. PWRBLDR-2017R3LTS-MR07-1915-EN.zip I expanded it and ran setup.exe.   I get the following error message.   "The installed version of the application could not be determined.  The setup will now terminate." ...
Situation: Application was using .hlp file. User converted to windows 10 and help stopped working. As is known, Windows 10 no longer supports .hlp files. I do not have access to the code for this production app. All I can do is change the file name ...
Hi. I would like to scan documents to integrate them into my application as an image or PDF. How can I do this with PowerBuilder 2019? What standards are compatible with the maximum of material? Thank you Thierry...
Hi All, I am trying to open a PowerBuilder Application from other PowerBuilder application using Run() Run('C:\systempath\example.exe') But "example.exe" application is opening when run it by double click on .exe, it is not opening only when we tr...

There are no discussions available here currently