Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all,  I need convert BMP to BITMAP, How Can I convert this in powerbuilder 10.5?  Do you have the code or function?  thanks and regards   Fernando....
I need a control on a datawindow which allows the user to make multiple selections.  Because a drop-down listbox does not allow for multi-select, I wanted to utilize a listbox control.  However, it does not appear a listbox control can be added to a ...
I am creating a unit test (XUnit) for a service in SnapDevelop.  The service method takes a DataUnPacker object as a parameter.  This gets passed to the API from PowerBuilder using the jsonpackage object.  My question is how can I populate this in a ...
is there a way to get a list of all open windows.  Not just sheets... looking to get popups, responses etc... Thanks (PB2017 R3) Dave V...
We've tested the new C# Class Importer with a .NET Core 2.2 DLL and it works perfectly.  We also tried with a 3.1 DLL and it gives an error and doesn't let you get any further.  My understanding is that 2.2 will be going out of support soon; are th...
Hi team, i am trying to migrate a PB 11.5 version code in Pb 2017 R3 version, but after migration debug the studio crashes & close down not able to figure out why its happening. Some time it crashes when i try to update any of the file of the sol...
When I try to do the Product --> Archive in Xcode,  I am getting an Error:   Linker command failed with exit code 1 (use –v to see invocation) clang   does anyone know the fix for this?   Thanks Jim Beck...
Hello ,   Is it possible to consume wcf web service with powertbuiler 2017 r3 ?   if any one have code sample it can be most hekpfull   Thanks...
Is there a way to tell PB 2019 to only add PB objects to SVN? I installed VisualSVN Server so I could test the SVN interface and it added every file in the workspace. I would rather use a separate tool like Tortoise to decide which non object files ...
Hi - I am using DwFunctionManager.AddGlobalFunction<TClass>() to inject a class which contains custom PB functions (static methods).  I am then using my function in an expression when using IDataStore.Evaluate().  I am having an issue when my s...
I have some code that checks for a custom object and if it doesn't exist I just trap it and continue on. The problem is everytime I run it in the PB IDE it will throw an exception error. If it is running in the EXE then the error is trapped correctly...
  Hi Powerbuilders...! In order to give a prettier UI, sometimes, I use singleline controls, in combination with roundrectagle controls. The singlelineedit control is without border, so the result could be like this: When using themes, the contr...
We have a screen with multiple datawindows. HsplitScroll for each datawindow is selected in the property and to the last datawindow HScrollbar is selected and we have the code guo_globals.of_sync_hscrollbar(Parent, This) in scrollhorizontal event of ...
Hi Appeon Support,   Just want to know what will be the benefits in upgrading our applications to PB2019 Standard edition?  We just recently migrated our applications to PB2017 R3 last year, so I don't know if we need to do another upgrade (unless,...
Hello, I'm in development at the moment of a vehicle tracking app which plots icons onto google maps from an XML file, I generate it in PowerBuilder and put it in the http-server folder which runs some JavaScript to plot the markers. On my Mobile ap...
Hi,   I'm trying to set a left margin on RTE but its not working. I've tried this: rte_roundup.LeftMargin = 1   but nothing moves.   Is this a bug or how do I set margins on the RTE. I actually don't even want the margin on the RTE itself bu...
Hi team, Recently we upgarded Appeon PoerBuilder Standard Edition Version 2019 Build 2170. But while connecting to TFS we are getting below error "Microsoft visual studio team Explorer or it's toola are not installed or registered. Please install or...
I'm using a Git repository on Azure Devops. I had gotten authentication working by using an alternative credential set up in Devops. Unfortunately Microsoft has announced they are removing alternative credentials from Devops: https://devblogs.micros...
I created a specific theme for an application window with a json theme-w_foupagecpt.json file. The specific images for the datawindow control (w_foupagecpt$datawindow) in this file are ignored (checkbox, dropdownlistbox, radiobutton), the colors are ...
I just upgraded a 32-bit application to 64-bit because all the user's now have 64-bit machines running Windows 10. I am able to run the application just fine on my development machine (in or out of IDE). When I tried to run it after upgrading on tw...

There are no discussions available here currently