Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi to everyone I'm trying to use 'Tile Menu Style using Datawindow Object' on a server client project   ( https://community.appeon.com/index.php/articles-blogs/tips-tricks-techniques-articles/17-powerbuilder/263-tile-menu-style-using-datawindow-ob...
Hi,  We have migrated PB 8 to 11.5 then PB 11.5 to PB 19.. No issues in PB 8.. but in PB 19, Randomly i'm getting the below error while closing the windows in Powerbuilder 19 build(2170).DBMS is SQL server 2008 R2. System.InvalidOperationException:...
I am trying to write a simple console application for the purpose of running (unit or integration) tests of existing PB code in various libraries. The idea is that I have a dedicated target XXXXTest that includes libraries from the main project and r...
Hi We have migrated PB 8 to 11.5 and then PB 11.5 to PB 19 version. i'm using ADO.Net DBMS.While clicking OK button in application Global function is called and one insert statement and then commit  statement inside IF block is executed successfully...
Using PB2019 with Subversion for source control. Initially, everything was working great but lately, our workstations are getting mostly empty commit dialogs. The status in the IDE says it will have found several files ready to commit but the dialog ...
HI, We get an error R6016 Not enough Space for Thread data running. I see that you can setup a parameter that write out to a logfile. PB_HEAP_LOGFILENAME  Were do I set these settings up? (PB_HEAP_LOGFILENAME. PB_POOL_THRESHOLD and PB_HEAP_LOGFILE...
Hi, we explored that when the pborc190.dll is beeing deployed on our PowerServer as an external file it isn't being downloaded to the client.What we tried so far: tested Internet Explorer and Google Chorme changed AEM Client Feature to "Run afte...
Hi, Is there a specific PB coding to allow users to launch our PB application (example "pb_app.exe") multiple times?  Like 2 notepad.exe.  Thanks    ...
PB 2019  Build 2082   using PostgreSQL 10.8 We have a problem when we activate PB themes in application. When these option is activated applications randomly crashes. We couldn't find obvious reason neither application crashes on the same places. Cr...
Hello Everyone, I have an application with uses AD authentication to grant access. It does not work when the user is connected thru VPN. It fails when I call objADSI.UserName - "Error accessing object property username". Any idea how to make it work...
PB Apps created in PB2017 R2 run fine when I remote and RDP to my desktop, However, when I use VPN to connect and RDP to my desktop and run the same apps they run very slow and in some instances timeout. Any assistance will be gratefully appreciate...
PB 2019  Build 2082   using PostgreSQL 10.8 We have a problem with 64-bit version of our application. 32-bit version is stable when we don't use PB themes but 64-bit version have random crashes without a obvious reason. When we deployed applications...
Hello, Where i can find Apeon Infomaker 12.5 installer?  Upd: I was hoping Apeon has an infomaker 12.5. So I bought a  subscription. But the program for which I bought it does not work with version higher than 12.5 =(( Where i can find Apeo...
Anyone know where the error log file is?  Where having issues where our PB app is losing its connection to Sybase and I wanted to see what the log has in it....
On my current project we have been making extensive use of the RestClient and HttpClient to make API calls from PB 2019 to various Controllers in SnapObjects.   You can send datastores, strings, numbers, etc to through these calls as parameters. W...
Getting Error while Connecting to Oracle 12.2.0.1(64 Bit) - Error details - SQLSTATE = IM014 using PowerBuilder Standard. Is it a compatibility issue ? Does PowerBuilder supports Oracle 64Bit ?  ...
I have a TreeView SQL Select Datawindow.  My select statement includes a computed column.  The Edit Syle Type for this computed column is Checkbox.  When the computed column is placed on the Detail (leaf node) band within the datawindow, the checkbox...
Hi Experts, Anybody knows Appeon Powerserver can connect DB2 version 8.1 running on z/os ( mainframe ) ?.  if so, how is it possible? through Data source type ODBC or IBM DB2 native driver?. Please note that I'm making a POC application using Powe...
I have seen zero problems so far with Edge Chromium, but i was wondering if anyone has done any extensive testing with PS web?    I am actually running primarily PS 2016 and it seems to work fine, i am also testing PS2020 from the beta, which is re...
Has anyone run into this issue? I logged it as a bug   *Phenomenon: As we get up above around 6000 to 7000 lines of code, the editor tends to crash and kick the attached errors. The issue is intermittent. *Reproduce Steps: Take a Service.cs...

There are no discussions available here currently