Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, Where i can find Apeon Infomaker 12.5 installer?  Upd: I was hoping Apeon has an infomaker 12.5. So I bought a  subscription. But the program for which I bought it does not work with version higher than 12.5 =(( Where i can find Apeo...
Anyone know where the error log file is?  Where having issues where our PB app is losing its connection to Sybase and I wanted to see what the log has in it....
On my current project we have been making extensive use of the RestClient and HttpClient to make API calls from PB 2019 to various Controllers in SnapObjects.   You can send datastores, strings, numbers, etc to through these calls as parameters. W...
Getting Error while Connecting to Oracle 12.2.0.1(64 Bit) - Error details - SQLSTATE = IM014 using PowerBuilder Standard. Is it a compatibility issue ? Does PowerBuilder supports Oracle 64Bit ?  ...
I have a TreeView SQL Select Datawindow.  My select statement includes a computed column.  The Edit Syle Type for this computed column is Checkbox.  When the computed column is placed on the Detail (leaf node) band within the datawindow, the checkbox...
Hi Experts, Anybody knows Appeon Powerserver can connect DB2 version 8.1 running on z/os ( mainframe ) ?.  if so, how is it possible? through Data source type ODBC or IBM DB2 native driver?. Please note that I'm making a POC application using Powe...
I have seen zero problems so far with Edge Chromium, but i was wondering if anyone has done any extensive testing with PS web?    I am actually running primarily PS 2016 and it seems to work fine, i am also testing PS2020 from the beta, which is re...
Has anyone run into this issue? I logged it as a bug   *Phenomenon: As we get up above around 6000 to 7000 lines of code, the editor tends to crash and kick the attached errors. The issue is intermittent. *Reproduce Steps: Take a Service.cs...
We are planning to upgrade PowerBuilder 12.6 to PowerBuilder 2019. How to set up a PowerBuilder 2019 app in Citrix 7.15 environment?...
Hello PowerBuilder community,   I have another issue with a rte window. We have a datawindow in which we want to copy the contents of a rich text edit window. I don't know how to copy the contents upon pressing the save button, since I do not know...
Where does the list of ODBC Data Sources (presented in the Database Painter) come from?I presumed it references the Registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ODBC\ODBC.INI\ODBC Data Sources), but the list I see isn't consistent with the Registry entries. ...
Good afternoon everybody,  I'm calling an external SOAP Webservice, and I'm having problems with the Datetime format.  I'm declaring my variables as Datetime and when I debug the code, the value of the variable is "17/03/2020 00:00:00". The call c...
Hi. I try to use the Powerbuilder Compiler pbc170.exe to build my exe. I use the parameters shown in the project-object at the bottom When starting it is working some time and creates the pbd-files. But at the end there is always the message A...
Hi to everyone I found the 'system tree'  outside the IDE ( see pictire ) How can I re-retouch it to the inside of the ide? Thank you in advance       ...
Hello, I have package mobile app using Appeon Powerbuilder 2019 r2, it doesn't generate apk. how do i install or run on my mobile phone. with kind regards....
We have a project at work to change all references to Msxml2.XMLHTTP.3.0 to version 6. Running Process Explorer shows that the app is still loading msxml3.dll. Is there some function within PowerBuilder that uses this dll? We are in the middle of ...
Hi, Running PB 2019 build 2170 on win 2008 R2, win 2012 R2 and win 2016, remote Console. Is there any known solution to speed differences between Win 2008 R2 and Win 2012 R2 and win 2016. We find that in 2008 R2 remote Console, data in the datawin...
Hi, Long time ago, I read somewhere that objects passed to functions or events, are always internally passed by reference, even if your specify "by value" or "readonly" in your function or event declaration. So until now, I use by reference if I ch...
PB Cloud Edition v2019, build 2170Today I opened up PB2019 for the first time ever after a little help from Erin on how to handle the licenses.My case was slightly more convoluted than normal because I have a personal license ans well as a work licen...
Hello! Using Powerbuilder 2019 build 2082.  Does anyone know how powerbuilder desides what browser to use for HyperLinkToURL? No matter how i change default browser and file associations on my computer it still uses Internet explorer.  According to...

There are no discussions available here currently