Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
When we want debug our ActiveX components written in C# (Visual Studio) and PowerBuilder the application starts and stops. We have enabled 'Enable native code debugging' and 'Use Managed Compatibility Mode'. When we use PowerBuilder 12 is starts Po...
Hi, I have this datawindow with 4 "fixed data rows". Does anyone know if there's a way to manipulate these fixed rows with Modiy() or Describe()? I want to allow a user to create a sort of a template and drag field-names on columns in a datawin...
Hello, we are migrating a powerbuilder 2019 project from Oracle to Postgres 12. The async database parameter is set to 1 and the retrieverow event is coded, so i can cancel a retrieve.When i am connected to Oracle (native driver), everything works ...
Hello, I have a problem with different encoding behavior of special characters (e.g. äöüÄÖÜß) and empty lines when using different versions of RichTextEdit. The goal is to convert the content of a RichTextEdit to HTML such that it can be send as a ...
Hello All, We constantly have issues converting RTF to HTML when sending out smtp emails via our PB app. You cannot send RTF thru SMTP. The RTF control is nice but what we are really looking for is a nice HTML editor . I'm not aware of it being buil...
"The installed version of the application could not be determined. The setup will now terminate".    Why am I getting this error when running the Installshield install for PB 2017 R3, rel 1858?  I am currently on PB 2017 R2.   Where is it looking ...
Testing a connection to Oracle 19C. Our login window is successful connecting to the database. When we run our next select statement that just counts records in a table we get an error saying we are not connected. Not sure why the connection is be...
Hi, I am after some advice / best practice. If i want to take down a powerserver web application for some maintenance is there a way of preventing new logons, what i want is to allow the users currently logged on to finish their transaction / leave...
Hi, Does anybody have any solution regarding printing problem in pb2019 ver.2170 ? Seems like there is only one blank (white) paper coming from printing. Last versjon we get this working is pb 2017 ver.1880 Hope that somebody has one solution, bu...
Hello, My mobile application running on Appeon powerserver takes time while opening. I need help on how to make it open more first. Thank you in advance....
All - we have installed the new PB19 version but now need the new pbdom19.pbd's as the pbdom17's are not working, can anyone point me to a download of these or should they be in the install package already? Thanks....
Hi Team, We are using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and trying to modify the graph axis properties(Minimum and Maximum values) of graph in the axis menu. If I am trying to change the axis values the min and max values were not changing and are not getting sa...
HiI create a Ribbonbar from a xml file. This one contains a menu associated with a Largebutton ("tag = mybutton"). I want to change the text of the 1st menu with the following code: long ll_retRibbonLargeButtonItem lr_buttonll_ret = uo_ribbonbar.Get...
We migrated from PB 12.1 to 2019 (Build 2170). We have external function calls to self written C# DLLs like FUNCTION long VollyballModel(ref str_volley_dll_call marketOdds[] , ref long odds_size, double odd_H, double odd_A,..... All works fine in ...
dear team,   please help me to resolve the issue plz go thru the script   long ll_row  DataWindow ldw_print ldw_print= create DataWindow ldw_print.dataobject = 'dw_test' ll_row = ldw_print.insertrow(0)   this is the script ; ll_row gives m...
hi, i have the latest build of PB (2019.2170) on windows 10.  i'm using MySQL (8.0.19) db and have the aggravating issue of not being able to generate or use the system catalog tables.  i've tried blank, root and the name of the database in the tabl...
Hi I just installed powerbuilder 12.5 and mysql 8 on a Windows 10 machine all installations are working but when training to connect powerbuilder 12.5 to mysql 8 I get this error " Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use" ...
I am using PB 12.5.2 I want to implement Access Control List. ie appliction user or user group has right for CRUD if he has the permission he can able to perform the operation. I created acl, user_permission and group_permission table. CREATE TABLE ...
We have to encrypt two columns on one DB2.  We have set it up as a varbinary with a with of 32 characters. Using an insert statement we added the column not problem; INSERT INTO YCCFSSC5.BANK_ACCOUNT (TX_PRVD_ACCTN_NMBR)      VALUES(ENCRYPT('58672...
I am working on an application that is currently running in PB 12.0. We are wanting to migrate it to PB 2017 R2. The code migration was easy enough, but when I run the application any web service that I call that has values that are of data type "dou...

There are no discussions available here currently