Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, Is there a away i can increase powerserver developer version user session to 10?...
Gents  - I am picking up the baton from this earlier question which is marked resolved: https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/sql-native-client-support#reply-12700 After installing PB19 we have this problem now whereby the connection to ou...
Greetings, OS: Windows 10 PowerBuilder: 2017 R3 Build 1915 Issue: I ran app through PB IDE and let it idle, after around 4-5 minutes the app closed by itself - it happened every time.  The compiled version behaved differently.  The app closed by i...
Hi I am running a PB 2017 R3, build 1915   I noticed that when I turned on the 'Autosize Height' on on a edit/data field, the field's border (no matter what it's set in the painter) disappear in the run time.  Does any one notice that, or is it j...
Hi All This question is somewhat related to the one I posted on 03/05/2020 titled "Muilti-line input in a datawindow (dw) object" Thanks to Mike S's. and Michael Kramer's help, I was able to get over that hurdle. Long story short, now I need to ma...
Environment variable defines TEMP file folder for PB's machine code compiler. I forgot its name. UPDATE => Found it! It is config parameter in PB.INI, section = [PB], name = CODEGENTEMP.I used ProcMon from Sysinternals to investigate the PB compi...
How do I stop duplicates happening when I have linked some information from another table? Scenario - I am displaying a list of invoices, which you can expand to see some of the detail of each item on that invoice. The invoices are stored in the mo...
Folks - we are suddenly (last few months) having a mysterious issue whereby PB refuses to make pcode-setting executables, though it will make machine exe's that work fine. This started with PB17 after awhile (but not initially that I remember) and I ...
PB 2017 R3 and Pb 2019login to SVN Failed when a password have a ñ  using other tool instead of PB it works ok...
Users are experiencing issues with disconnections from the Database (SYBASE ASE 16).  If this occurs I need a way to reconnect and reset the Setransobject everywhere.  Our app has numerous places where this needs to be done examples are datawindow co...
Hello, One of our users logs in and gets sent straight back to the login screen. The web admin shows them as logged in, but they can't get past the new login. If they click exit PB shuts down, if they log in again they are told they are already log...
is there a way to take a "snapshot" of a datawindow ...syntax and data so it can be saved to database and later retrieve that data and recreate the datawindow?  I have tried a few things but so far failing. tried - Getfullstate, save that to the db ...
  I try to use the new C# Class Importer, which allows PowerBuilder to use .NET assemblies directly without having to first create a COM Callable Wrapper for them.   i have this error:   some ideas ?   Thanks  ...
PowerBuilder v12.1, b7055 I'm attempting to implement multi-threading.I created the object INV_AUTORPT and got everything working in a single-threaded mode.In the Instance variables of the frame:u_nv_autorpt                inv_autorpt               ...
Hi, I'm here because one of my customers ask me the effort needed to migrate a PowerBuilder app to C#. I've tried to do it with the trial version, however after spend 2 day's and followed "using powerscript migrator" (https://docs.appeon.com/appeon_...
Hi I need help figuring out the correct expression (if at all possible) for the following case.   I have a datawindow Each row have: column1 which will have A B C or D as value column2 a decimal value   In the header I want a compute to displ...
  How can I store and retrieve images in datawindow using MSSQL     thanks...
When compiling for a Windows 10 machine, is there any benefit to being DLLs as apposed to PBDs?   Compile time is so much longer for dll, which is fine, just want to know the benefit....
Bug in 4k environment search and search-replace in dwo SQL editor view stops working after a while. This typically only happens after opening multiple other editors. Very annoiing since only sollution is closing all programs and restart PB. Fix on t...
Hi everyone, In our servers, we have installed Appeon PowerServer 2017 Build 1858.00 64-bit Edition Workgroup perpetual edition. Now we want to upgrade our PowerBuilder 2017 R3 1880 to 2017 MR#1915. Which perpetual version must be the right selectio...

There are no discussions available here currently