Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello,  Has PB 2019 R2 been released and if not, when is the estimated release date? If it has been released, please tell us where it can be downloaded? Thank you Arcady...
We've been waiting for the 2019 R2 release for some time now and reached the point at which we are actually holding our own releases due to this... do any of you know when Appeon plans on releasing? our window is closing and if we can't upgrade NOW ...
Hi All, We have a legacy Power builder application which was built on 11.5, would like to know if the support is still available for 11.5 ? drawback of running the application on 11.5 , what is the latest power builder version which we can think of ...
Hi.   We have invoked a web service for several years now, but it suddenly stoppet working from PowerBuilder last Friday. We have not upgraded the application in over a year. The web service is hosted in Azure and they use CloudFlare in front as ...
I was wondering if anyone has come up with a reliable way to determine if a PB Mobile app is running on a Tablet or a Mobile Phone running on Android. With IOS that is quite easy since you can of_getdevicetype function in eon_mobile_deviceex object ...
Giving error on custom control ole object on line ole_1.Object.Open(sFileName) while opening a avi file quick help is really appreciated.  the error is "Error calling external object function open in line 10 in open event of object win_wait_prompt". ...
I am new to powerbuilder supporting an old app getting some migration issues, one of code line extracted below giving the error accessing external object. what are the parameters i have to check to run this program or the code missing something. do i...
Migrated application from PB 11.7 to PB 2017 R3. when trying to debug code getting error R0014 error opening external library for external function. Please advise if i have to load the dll. it seems the dll is a third party dll. thanks for the help i...
Hi, migrating power builder application from PB 11.5 to PB 17 (2017) getting error accessing object windows 10. need urgent help on this why this error comes is this related to any registry or OLE registry missing. Quick help on this is really apprec...
Hi All, If any once face or have idea about ss below issue with powerbuilder 2017 and MQ 9 connectivity please help .   Error : Error calling external function MQCONNstd@16  which is defined as alias for "MQCONNstd@16;Ansi" LIBRARY "mqic32.dll".  ...
Hello, I have a list of PDFs from a directory that have recently been scanned. They are sorted wrong at the moment, I want the most recently modified (created) PDF at the top. The current sort is alphabetical top to bottom, it would also work if I ...
The GetURL function makes the web call asynchronously but doesn't support HTTPS. The HttpClient object supports HTTPS but makes the web call synchronously. Are both of these statements correct? Has there been any thought to supporting async in Htt...
Hello All, is there any way to get the Phone# of the device running the PB Powerserver mobile app?...
On a popup menu in Power Server web, should I be able to see the Menu Images?...
Hi. I'm trying to get our desktop applications up and running on the web with PowerServer. I'm running PB2019 Build 2802. I've gotten one of our applications up and running for the most part. In doing the second one, I'm going through the PowerServe...
Hi PowerSphere What would be the best approach here. I'm going to develop a very simple Mobile Application that uses database back-endI'm considering to use PowerServer Mobile as my back-end - but would it be better to use c# webservice instead - o...
Hello all , I am trying to consume a WCF ws  in pb 2017 r3 with .NET proxy object . *  I know I should use Httpclient but I don't know how to use it if I don't have any example of xml describes the functions calls , setting the fields and all … fro...
  buenas Tardes   Al comprimir con el objecto CompressorObject y pasarle un password encriptado me devuelve -2 -- The password entered is ilegal.     Este es el codigo utlizado   string ls_source, ls_target,ls_clave Blob lblb_dataBlob lblb_...
Hello, Is anyone using transparent Windows as demonstrated in https://community.appeon.com/index.php/codeexchange/powerbuilder/209-pb-transparent-window in a Windows 10 setting. It does not appear to be setting the Window background to transparent...
I just migrated to PowerBuilder 2019 Build 2170 but when running a web service with which I had no problem in PowerBuilder17 I get the message "The assembly 'xxxx.dll' does not exist". This only happens in the 2019 IDE. When running the same applic...

There are no discussions available here currently