Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
dear Appeon: when i  pull up the report data in PBL dw_1, i have an option to Save this data in a file using dw_1.SaveAs(). Then, a pop-up window appears with a drop down list to select the destination file type with numerous choices: CSV, Excel5...
I need help checking for unsaved changes when selecting different tab in tabpage....
Hi I need some help, please.   I have a dw object with a column called 'Comments' where user can put in notes up to 2000 characters. When I build this free-form dw object, the 'Comments' column shows up as a long, one-line field.   I would like...
Hello,  I'm doing a project that retrieves data from the Betfair website, through the ESA API: https://docs.developer.betfair.com/display/1smk3cen4v3lu3yomq5qye0ni/Exchange+Stream+API In this link above there is an example in C #, I downloaded, ada...
Hi i am looking for some advice, i need to use a terminal server to run an appeon web application, i have users that are on macs and it seems to me to be the only way i can do this. Would you recommend setting up the users to use IWA or say Chrome ...
This code to print the active sheet prints a blank sheet in PB2019.  I think it has been in my app since PB3. long l_Jobwindow lw_Sheet SetPointer(HourGlass!) /* Print active sheet */ lw_Sheet = w_mdi_frame.GetActiveSheet () if IsValid (lw_Sheet) ...
We have an application that was originally developed in PowerBuilder 6. It was migrated along up to 12.5.2. We have now migrated it to PowerBuilder 2019. We are having an issue when using PSLib5.dll. This dll is dated 1996. Does anyone know if there ...
Hi all.... I was browsing the bugs of PB19 R2 and I noticed an Oracle related bug, that never occurred in my tests. I am talking about the Bug 4214. We use PB + Oracle since 1996 and what we always do is to change the NLS_LANG parameters in Registr...
Hi, I'm trying to install a PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Runtime (PB64RT170.msi) on a server which has Windows Server 2012 R2 as OS. I do this as an administrator. The installation does not succeed. It ends with the following message: “Appeon PowerBuilder ...
Hi - I was using the IDataStore.Evaluate method on an expression with a condition and it appears that the true and false conditions get evaluated before returning the correct value.  Is this expected behavior? For example, the below generates an err...
Update:   Reading one of the other questions from today from Ivan Aase led me to try the following....        this.Print (ll_job, 0, 0)    ....where "this" is the current window. That successfully printed the window, which is what I was going for wi...
Hi everyone, We are experiencing the error "Appeon Debugger cannot correctly load the JS file since it is over 500KB" since June 2019. David made https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/appeon-debugger-cannot-load-js this question since there...
Good Afternoon, I need assistance with my PB account. It says I am using it already and I can’t log in again. The application crashed while I was using it so it most likely did not log out properly.Is there a contact person for this situation? Than...
Has anyone ever had experience with Googles Firebase, and know if they can connect to the database on a server or like an ODBC connection?...
Good afternoon!How do I bring a PowerBuilder screen into focus even if the user clicks off the screen? Thanks...
Hi, I use IdAutomation for print QR Codes for an Powerbuilder Application in Windows. This application was migrated using Powerbuilder Enterprise to mobile. When I try to print the PDF 417 Bar Code this doesn't appear because I don't have this font i...
Hi All,         I am  in the process of PB conversion of an legacy application from db2 to sql server. I am having a problem with how sql srver handles dates in a datawindow. The below example in db2 returns the current datetime and saved in the dat...
Hello, I have a simple problem and we get this bug once/twice in a year but the impact of this bug is always huge. The problem is the following. When we create a new function in PowerBuilder, it automatically sets the return value as integer, which...
Hi Experts, I am using PB 17.3 and SQL Anywhere 17. I can successfully connect my database using windows integrated login authentication from Interactive SQL. Here is the screenshot,   Now my question is their any process to connect the same d...
Hi,   I'm trying to workaround a PowerBuilder/PowerServer migration issue, and I have a general question- Why is the code in the appeon_workarounds.pbl not compatible with PowerServer? For instance, I'm looking at the appeondatastore object, method...

There are no discussions available here currently