Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Dear Appeon: when i run a released system, i get a bad runtime reference on    l_RowCount = dw_1.ImportJson(l_License_Json) this error does not pop up when i run the system from the development environment. most likely, i am missing a required  D...
Hi I am a sole PB developer at work and have been tasked  to convert an in-house application from its desktop form to Web and Mobile. I have not done any Web/Mobile conversion before and I am stuck and needing your help. The app has been migrated ...
Hi I am using PB 2019 using an ODBC connection to a DB2 database I am having problems with DataWindow retrieves on a 64bit build. I have literally built the simplest application with a DataWindow, a DataWindow control on a window which retrieves th...
Hey everyone! We migrated from PB 10.5 to 2019 R2, everything is working normally except an OLE object we use to send TCP/IP messages to a listener in AIX server. Is there a new way to send messages (plain text) through TCP/IP? Any advice or point...
Hello, When you search for a keyword in a target, library or object you get the result in the search tab below. Is there any way I can get the result programatically?  Anyone familiar with PBL Peeper can relate to the "Find" feature where you can s...
Hi! We have updated the Power Server version and the dwcontrol.GetSQLSelect ( ) has stopped working     Why??? What we can do?   Thanks,    Oihana...
Hello All, What will be the way to open a PDF file in a mobile app. we manage to get the PDF but we have no manage to open it...
I am using Appeon PB 2017 R3.  When I save a composite datawindow object as PDF file , column close to the right margin is getting chopped off.  Strangely it's happening ONLY on some machines, on few other machines it seems to be working fine.  All m...
I have a report that contains multiple data windows . Inside one of these data windows is a sub report . This datawindow has 3 groups the sub report sits inside the footer of one of the groups. the report that this sits in has a large header and foo...
Everything is in the title but let me expand on this a little bit. I am new in PowerBuilder, working on a legacy application that we are in the process of porting to PB2019. As we are working on refactoring this application, I will direly need the ab...
why this is js script does not work to appear Google Chart ? i use powerbuilder 2019 R2, i send the sample application google.load("visualization", "1", {packages:["corechart"]}); google.setOnLoadCallback(function() { drawChart(); } ); function...
Hi all,   I'm developing a couple of user objects that can view with them images / pdf, one of the features that I want to incorporate is rotate the images.   No problem with the rotation, I call to the Gdi32.dll and kernel32.dll  API functions a...
Hi all, I'm migrating our apps from PB 9.0.  We use a lot of dynamically created datawindows using SyntaxFromSQL and now I can see that the column width created with PB2019 r2 are different (wider) that the column width created by PB 90 (same selec...
As of this morning, all of my datawindows do not retrieve or display any data.  I can copy the SQL from the datawindow and execute it on the DB without problem.  I upgraded to the latest version, 2019 R2 Build 2328, but no difference.  My existing a...
I have a legacy client/server application that invoked compilentryimport function of PBORC12.5. After migrating to PB 2019 and using PBORC190.dll the same code block returns a -4 or 0 in some instances and does not import the PB Objects.The compileen...
Hi I need some clarification... 1- Is PB 2019 R2 also known as CloudPro? 2- My PB 2017 R3 application is able to read from and write files to destinations are on \\servername\folders\ without any issues. However, when I run the very same applicat...
How can I reorder the libraries under by workspace tree? I want to set them specifically or at least in alphabetical order. ...
I am testing the webbrowser control and one site the GetSource does not return the data I need but if I "view Source" in the browser I see my data. The doc says it returns the "current pages main frame". Is there a way to get the source of other fram...
We recently got PowerBuilder 2017. We migrated a PowerBuilder 12.6 Windows application using the PB2017 IDE. We then built the application and deployed it onto one of our test machines [running Windows 10]. We have found noticeable differences in the...
Hi guys, Using Appeon 2017 R3.   We are having an importstring fonctionality built in in our software. So our users can copy/paste records from an excel sheet into our software. At the moment we are having 3 different uploads , where for every up...

There are no discussions available here currently