Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
In order to create a .NET API  I am trying to connect to Sybase ASE databases on our servers. They can connect in PowerPoint 2019 R2 but not in SnapDevelop. Is there any way to make the Connection via a Connection string etc. I am trying to Add a Dat...
private function long load_adres_dok (string asidf_dok, ref str_adrms adres);str_adrms ladr, empty_adr adres = empty_adr select first 1 trim(cod_ime_osi('eknm_d',eknm))||' ОБЩ.'||trim(cod_ime_obs(eknm))||' ОБЛ.'||trim(cod_ime_obl(eknm))||' '||cod_i...
Hi everyone, I have an old application with an outdated UI that needs to be modernized.On start up, this application shows a small window with multiple buttons (as Accounting, Human Resources, etc).Clicking on a button will open a new window with a ...
When I look at the ws_object folder and in the pibble in my target, it shows that there are changes that needs to be committed. But when I compare it to the master source control, there are no changes. I have refresh, rebuiild resolve,etc to try to ...
Hi Everyone,   I am using Powerbuilder classic 2017R2 build 1769(32 bit) and windows 10. I am not able to use c++ dll in my application. I got runtime error as "R021 - Bad runtime function reference". My C++ dll code is:- int __declspec(dllexport...
Hello, I am trying to get an app deployed to both android store and apple store. I first want to update to the latest PowerServer, of which it tells me would be 2020 Build 2323 and that I would upgrade from Build 2020 2279. But when I try to updat...
Hi,  I want get il_new value. Because new tag found then I want get il_new value. below code  Err C0051 unknown function name : oe_newtagfound  -- below code -------------------------------------------------------- Int il_new_tag, il_new il_n...
hi, is there an example where webservice authentication (username and password) is used in PowerBuilder? (SOAP) (Pb12 preemptive authentication)...
Is there any documentation on how to install File Server on a window Server 2016? I ran the setup.exe as an admin and got the Installation Incomplete message I then followed https://bit.ly/2YzuoH3 but to no avail. It's not for 2016 servers.   P...
Hi I deployed a web app to a remote server with PowerServer on it. When I run the app locally, it passes the logon function successfully. When I run the app on the remote server (RDP to the server and not from local PC. Open a browser on the remot...
Looking for some ideas for an issue regarding saving and events that are posted in the itemchanged event. Simple Scenario... Datawindow has a date field, the date entered must only be a business date. User enters a date, post event fires (this is b...
Hello,   I'm using PowerBuilder 2017 R3. We have an issue that our windows flicker alot when opening them due to different operations that are being performed (changing texts based on database entries, showing/hiding certain objects based on user ...
Dear PB developers,After a long PB programming career, I encountered an error with only one user (but not in the development environment), the error is shown on end of question .PB version 8.0.4,Windows 10 Enterprise,SQL Server 2008 R2,IBM ThinkPad...
Hi, I am trying to implement the encryption-decryption with TDES algorithm. Below is the piece of code I have written: //Instance Variables CONSTANT STRING ICS_KEY = "pP?g$L#C%a)*N^A*dX&Ao1j4"CONSTANT STRING ICS_IV = "?Im#9-0$" //Encryption f...
Hi I am a bit confused by how a PowerServer web application is run. Currently I have a web application on a remote server.  When I am to run it, I open up a browser and put in the http://IP:port/appname/iwarunner.html I am then prompted to downlo...
Hello, System : Windows 10 professionnal Powerbuilder 2019 build 2170.   I have some issue to compile some applications. dev_app.exe and dse_app.exe. This two application where compiled successfully in PB2017 R2 1769(if i remeber correctly), P...
Hi Everyone I need to put a file onto a file server from another server where my web application runs. The file server has many mapped/lettered drives (d:\, e:\, f:\, ect.) If I use a full path name \\fileservername\D$\folder1\folder2\ my web appl...
Ayer escribí mi pregunta, pero, al parecer, hay problemas en la publicación.   La versión 2017 R3 trae un componente CrypterObject que tiene, entre otros métodos, MD5 y SHA. El problema es que el resultado que devuelve estos métodos no es el espera...
Hi I have a couple of questions - Is PowerServer aka CloudPro?   - We are on PowerServer 2019 trial and are about to move onto a paid license. I was encouraged to go with PowerServer 2020 instead of 2019. What are the pros/cons about going with t...
Good Hump Day morning! I got this attached error message when running my web app on a remote server as IWA. Double checked the <RemoteServerIP>:portnumber/AEM settings but all Data Source entries were all there. Where else would trigger this...

There are no discussions available here currently