Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We are on PB 2017 LTR and looking for simple syntax to convert a simple powerbuilder array to and from Json so we can save the array values in simple Json , then reload the array directly from JSON. We never used json before and a little inexperienc...
Hi All How do I modify those unsupported Items/Features that show up in the Unsupported Feature Analysis Report that are in the PFC/PFE libraries? I have attached a screen shot of one instance where data type 'ContecInformation' in n_cst_msgs_manag...
Hi i am in the process of upgrading to PB 2019 and using MySQL, I was able to migrate my code, also created some ODBC connections on the 32 bit  Data Source Adminstrator (MySQL ODBC 8.0 unicode driver), connection was successful. But when adding th...
Hi All,               How Can I  Create Digital Signature with a Digital Certificate in PowerBuilder?             Do you have examples, documentation?  thanks and regards,  ...
Hi PB users, I have an issue using Orca librairie, I get (randomly) an error (R0015) calling the compileentryimport function.  I'm almost sure my process was ok in R2. I use pborca.h and pborca.lib 2017 R2 version but my Powerbuilder version is 18...
Hi everyone This is something that has nagged me for quite a while: How do you get the Powerbuilder IDE to use Autoscript on built-in functions (things like GetFileOpenName) so you get placeholders for arguments. Autoscripts only seems to work on ...
Hello, What exactly is the "default" object that appears to be created when a datawindow report is generated in InfoMaker? ... and are there any issues if we delete that object from the PBL using PowerBuilder. In our application, we run a report...
Hi everyone, For anyone struggling with rich text edit controls and looking for a replacement, there's hope. Tinymce (open source). I did not manage to get it working with the latest version, since I think that one needs to be on "the cloud", but ...
Hi, "PBLPeeper" by Terry Voth ( http://techno-kitten.com/ seems to have gone missing. ) Did "Novalys" buy him out maybe? Does anyone know what happened to him and is there a way I can still get a recent copy? Cheers  ...
Hi all. Win 7 Pro all patches are up today PB 2019R2 As soon as i try to pick Tools-> .NET DLL Importer - PB crashing ... see attached Am i missing something from the install? from my machine?   Greatly appreciate any advise. Thank you Sin...
Hello, i'm playing around with the theme feature and i would like to apply a border around the freeform dw fields         "dwo-column":        {            "drawing":true,            "border":1,            "border-color":"#7f7f7f",            "backg...
How can I check if a number is integer?I have a string of characters XXXXXX and I get its length and at the same time I need to convert it and I want to check if it is an integer. Example:String ls_cadena = AAAAAAInteger li_quantidadli_quantity = le...
Hi,  Referring to this conversation https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/printing-cheque-customer-paper-size, a few years ago. Is this still the case? Ie. NativePDF! still does not support custom page sizes?...
Good morning comunity I need help with Ribbons.I swear, I looked at the sample application 'Sales application demo', but I didn't find what I need and I don't get it on my own.How can I add an 4th items to the tabbutton Azienda one item by code? (se...
The PowerBuilder CloudPro converts to a C# REST API architecture. Do you have a Client Server conversion model, besides the Rest API Conversion?...
Hello everybody Lately we have been having problems with git repository and powerbuilder. All of us have the same license version. and it have been working for years...but now the dw are disappearing and getting out of reference in the dataobject......
Hi all. Trying to get a feel of it, so: step #1 Open Ribbon bar builder Open default template Save default template as 123.xml in working directory: c:\pb   step 2 open current frame window for an application (mdihelp!) left existing menu wi...
I would like to digitally sign a PDF file using PowerBuilder 2019. Since I was explained PB 2019 is currently not supporting this, here is the question for community. Is there is a 1. Windows DLL that can be used as a global External function from...
Hi PB Gurus I am having some difficult time trying this CloudPro trial.. This is what I have - I have a licensed PB 2017 R3 Standard edition - I downloaded and ran the PB Installer, which installed PB 2019 and PB 2019 R2 - by doing so, I have PB...
Hi Guys anyone of you has already tried to build up a web api with SNAP Develop connected to HANA as DB? I tried using an ODBC connection but it doesn't work Seems Cannot connect to hana... I tried this connection string: driver={HDBODBC};UID=my...

There are no discussions available here currently