1. CJ Lai
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 27 May 2020 17:53 PM UTC

Hi

I need some clarification...

1- Is PB 2019 R2 also known as CloudPro?

2- My PB 2017 R3 application is able to read from and write files to destinations are on \\servername\folders\ without any issues.

However, when I run the very same application that is migrated to 2019 R2 (trial as of this post), that ability is gone. The 2019 R2 version fails to recognize any \\servername\folders\ (only my local PC's C:\ works. Not even any other mapped with letter drives on my PC.   Just C drive) 

Is that behavior by design and by intention, or have I gone crazy?

3- If an application in PB 2019 R2 is not reading/writing files from/to an UNC based path, what is the most cost-effective way to work around it? I would appreciate it if someone could show me (or point me to) some basic know-how of how to go about it.

Thank you.

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 27 May 2020 18:05 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

It's not good to lump multiple questions in one Q&A.  I can answer your first question.  CloudPro is an edition of PowerBuilder.  Before PowerBuilder 2019 R2 it was called Universal Edition.  CloudPro Edition = Universal Edition... just a name change.  We currently offer two editions of PowerBuilder, and the differences are listed in the table on the pricing page: https://www.appeon.com/pricing

Comment
  1. CJ Lai
  2. Wednesday, 27 May 2020 18:34 PM UTC
Thanks, Armeen.

I just needed to know if there was any diff between those terms so in the future conv or online communication there won't be any confusion.

I'll re-post my other Qs one at a time.

Thanks again
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 27 May 2020 18:50 PM UTC
Thanks CJ!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.