Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
dear sir, we are using sql server 2008, i have created one dashboad for mobile app and using in mobile. basically once user create one request in desktop application, immediately my mobile app dashboard has to display one request is pending for app...
  Hi  Good day!   I am facing one issue in the middle of implementing the UI theme (Flat bue) in my source code. Is it possible apply the same functionality of single line edit control in freeform  datawindow column other than radio buttons, ch...
Hello, I would like to ask about the PB Oracle DB driver We have PB2017R2 (1756) & Oracle client 11.2 and DB Oracle 11.2 with migration to Oracle DB 19 I face issue where the Timestamps are  handled as dates instead of Timestamps and because o...
Good day. I need to coexist the ribbonbar and the toolbar.In this case, opensheet does not work with layered state!View Image.Is it to you? How can I work around it? Ecosystem:- Windows 10- Powerbuilder 2018r2Thank you early for the answer.   Gi...
  Is there a blurb somewhere detailing what is to be fixed/changed in the upcoming patches regarding the Native PDF funtionality? As it stands right now this functionality simply isn't usable.  In many, many circumstances the rendering simp...
Well this is embarrassing! I have been using PB since V3 in 1995. I just fired up 2019 and I did something that has messed up the UI.  The output window opens up almost fullecreen and I can't move it or resize it. I just want it down at the bottom wh...
Hey, Here's some background. I am trying to add a 'restore layout' feature so that when the user logs in their active sheets from the previous session restore to their position. I've got it working pretty nicely but I've ran up against a snag. 1. T...
Using PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2328 Oracle 12g and 18, with PowerServer 2019 Build 2170 I can deploy two out my three applications and run within Goggle Chrome. My one application is throwing this error, the pop up window says: Error During Initi...
Hi guys, I have an app that uses the GetFileOpenName method. This app used to be a .net target, because it calls a .net dll. I did 2 things to this app: I used the new PB 2019 R2 .net nvo calling (so it's now a classic PB target) and moved it from ...
Is Powerbuilder HttpClient supported in a SnapDevelop 2019 R2? WebAPI project?  I am am migrating PowerScript to a C# WebAPI project.  When I declare 'HttpClient Http;' in my GlobalFunc, I receive this compiler message: The type or namespace name 'H...
Hi everyone, I have been looking at using GitHub DeskTop as the source control for PowerBuilder and I was wondering if anyone has any advice concerning their experience with it.     Thank you! Kyle...
Hello everybody, we are using: PB2019 (2082) SQL Anywhere 17 using PFC typical Client-Server application   If we have a window, which has a business object with some datastores, the opening of the window is very slow, when all the datatsto...
Hi I went through this online video from Appeon on how to debug in PowerServer Web (https://bit.ly/2WTW07P) I did all that's in the video but when I ran/executed my app in debug mode, it skipped all the break points as if it's running in the runtim...
HI,   How does one save files on the users pc from the web. Will saveas just work from a datawindow. Regards ML    ...
Hello, I have a question about powerscript usage. I would like to define several structures in the same place (eg. same file) and use them outside of the defining file, so I am doing something like the following in the source code n_cst_api_supplies...
Hi Guys Is there anyway to exportJson and include all the DW definition syntax like getfullstate can? What I'm trying to do is pass DW data and structure through to an application that does not know anything about the DW definition and does not have...
Hi, I'm currently test the migration for some of our PB 12.5 apps to PB 2019 R2. We started using Git for our latest app and want to use it for our older apps.   Here's the setup I created a Git repo for each of the 3 apps. Added to source cont...
Windows 10, 64 bit VMPBv12.1, b 6158This never happened on windows 7, but on my <sarcasm>NEW and IMPROVED</sarcasm> Windows 10 VM, every time ANYTHING happens in the PowerBuilder IDE, I get a sound. They are driving me insane!How can I tu...
Hi, This has to do with datawindows. I'm currently using PB17R3 but I don't believe the problem is limited to this release. I'm attempting to dynamically control the background color of columns based on relative values within the datawindow. Someti...
My current application is 32 bit and uses a Snowbound DLL to display my images.  I can also get it to work using ImageGear.  I  can't spend the money to upgrade to 64 bit or a .net version.  So, I was able to use GDIPlus to display the images in a ty...

There are no discussions available here currently