Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I support a mature application using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and SQL Server via ADO.Net. Our user community recently requested we add signatures onto some of our datawindow documents.  The 'tableblob' datawindow object seems perfect for this, but unfor...
Hi group, We are maintaining an in house developed software. We use Powerbuilder 2019 build 2170. I wanted to try the migration to PB 2019 R3, so I installed PB2019 R3 in a VM, I copied the sources to the VM, migrated and was ready to test. I qui...
I use decimal 28 precision in my powerserver 2020 application. Other than being slower (as per the documentation) there have been other problems with using precision 28 (graphs apparently).  I am coming across decimal problems in PS 2020 that i don'...
Hi We migrated our PB application from Appeon 6.5 server and PB 12.5 to Powerserver 2020 and PB 2019 R2. The Appeon 6.5 server was only compatible with IE browser. The new PS 2020 is supposed to be compatible with all browsers. Since IE is going ou...
Hi, everyone. I made a popup style window to show new message alert on the System tray. This is good working in PB version 9. (please see the attached image1)But this has a problem after migration to PB 2019 R3.The window pop up on the center of sc...
Hi Gurus, How to get session history from AEM, have to submit to the management. Regards Antony...
Good morning, is it (or will it be) possible to set custom parameters directly into the P/C desktop link? See attached image, any string in the desktop link (orange box) is ignored because parameters come as defined in the startup browser link (red...
Hi,as an example (screenshots in the attachment) I have in a code table company-status. There are three status codes and these are retrieved from the database. The database table contains also a column RGB, to hold the RGB value for the code. This th...
Queria consultar si los archivos .xml de os menus nuevo se puede usar en la opcion web...
Does the Translation Toolkit support Microsoft UI Automation Framework, or any other options for automating the process of translating?...
I'm using PB2019R3 including echarts. The Demo App is very helpful but for the Case I'm interested in I couldn't find an example: I want to create an Chart with One or more Series with a datetime x-axis based either on a datawindow or a given SQL sel...
Hi I have a PB 2019 R2 windows 10 machine with toolkit installed. I use that to deploy PB apps to Power server  2020 running on windows 2016 server. Yesterday I had to update the "multi_borswer_indexs.htm" with the non HTTP file under TEMPLATE fold...
Is anyone else noticing that simply migrating an app from 12.6 to 2019 that the compiled apps are slow? I compiled an app in 12.6, then migrated the target to 2019 and compiled it there. A window in the 12.6 version that took 10 seconds to open takes...
I'm trying to setup the ftp server for PowerClient. I've copied the setup .exe to my 2016 windows server. When I run it the choice for PowerClient App Publisher is not an option to install. Any ideas why not? Thanks! ...
We were having a lot of stored procedure issues and an earlier post by Chris P said to use PBNewSPInvocation = 'YES' which fixed hundreds of problems from upgrading PB 11.5 to 2019 R2. We ran across another flavor of issue with an UPDATE proc and I d...
You used to be able to boookmark pages in the PB help.  It looks like this was removed. ...
Hi,  I need to implement Log-off functionality in my application and for this reason I would like to close all opened windows. The use of GetFirs and GetNext Sheets is not enough as we open some windows but not as sheets.  Is there any way to get a...
I am updating our application to use the new ribbon bar control. With that I also need to update all of our current bitmaps and Icons so I am looking for your input on the best way, place, etc to do that.  From what I can tell the only delivered PNG ...
Does anyone know if the PBL format has changed between PB 2019 R2 and PB 2019 R3/IM 2019 R3.    We are hoping to be able to use IM 2019 R3 with an application written in PB 2019 R2.   Our application stores reports as blobs in the database and when a...
Hi Guys, I am using PB 2017 R3 I have a grid DataWindow with a DropDownDataWindow. Depending on the selection, I should hide or display a couple columns. The issue is: When I try to show them back again, the columns lost the original position and t...

There are no discussions available here currently