Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I have an application made in Powerbuilder 9 which am trying to migrate to Powerbuilder 2019. When i go an connect my odbc database it said it connects successfully but then when i create the profile and try to connect that Powerbuilder 2019 crashes ...
I had an external datawindow displaying rows of information and a couple of command buttons on each row. The datawindow had no update capacities and all columns had taborder 0. After some trial and error I discovered that by adding one row at design...
Hi Folks,   We are using Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Version, We also use WinBatch commands in the functions and events.  WinBatch commands worked well with PowerBuilder 11.5 Version, but somehow this is not working for Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 R2 ...
I just switched to PB2019 R3 from R2.  Our app is a simple client server app. Now when i try to use OLE to Word, it fails on the .ADD                               ole_1.Documents.Add(as_template) We are using 64 bit Microsoft Office - Word but t...
I need to know how I can access columns/calculated fields/text objects in a trailer band as if they were in a detail band (since the row number in a trailer band is 0, I have no idea what to do). Also, there are multiple trailers so how do I know whi...
Hi guys, I have created a POSTMAN call to WooCommerce, to list all products, that works fine.I'll put here the real values, as I created them only for this purpose (it's a read only key, I'll disable them as soon as I get this going).Postman, with B...
Hi All, Maybe it's a silly question but can I add PowerClient to an existing project and have two options to build it?For example, I would like to give PowerClient deployment (and updates) to one group of clients and "traditional" build (and updates...
Hi, PBR3 2670, I have problems with the runtime. PMVM.dll - PMVM190.dll. Does anyone know this Problem?   Regards  ...
It appears assemblies are loaded by specifying the path to the dll. Is there anyway to load an assembly located in the GAC (Global Assembly Cache) without specifying the path? The path to our GAC files changes slightly with every build when the versi...
We have PowerBuilder 11.5 program for batch printing our documents and we use CustPDF for that, We have moved to Appeon Powerbuilder 2019 R2 Version, Which PDF printer will suit for the batch printing.  Any suggestions please.     Thanks and Regar...
I've started migrating my PB 2019 R2 applications to R3, and the majority of them (but not all) are getting flagged and quarantined by McAfee.  I am in the process of getting exceptions setup for them all, but why is this a problem all of a sudden? I...
Wondering if anybody has developed a PB UI Theme that closely mimics Google's Material Design that they would be willing to share?...
Hi   I am trying to install Appeon on my system, however I get stuck at specify database engine, could some one pls help me with that? SQL anywhere 12 is on my system. does sql anywhere come wwith the Appeon installer(offline installer)? IF not, w...
We are currently migrating from PowerBuilder 2017 R3 to 2019 R3.We are using Git for source code control.In our application Git repo we have multiple folders at the root level, one of which is our Powerbuilder folder, which contains all the PowerBuil...
Hi All,  I need obtein the CSV file with the ; separator en PB2019 R2, Could you help, please?  This is the code    choose case ls_extension case 'CSV'               dw_1.Saveas(c:\file, CSV!, TRUE) end choose This is the example file, obtein no...
Hello Community, PB Version: 2017 V3, soon to move up to current 2019. In SVN usage, there is no SVN capability in the Library (whether rt-click or menu items), but only in the System Tree. Therefore, we cannot even check-in/out multiple objects at...
  Hi everyone, I'm new to this community and haven't used PowerBuilder in my work for a while.   When deploying on 64bit I have a problem with the use of the external function "User32.dll" such as with the "getSubMenu" function which always...
Hello All, We are trying to upgrade PB from 12.5 to 2019. Now we are facing a problem with sending an email. At the beginning the popup outlook window with DENY ... ALLOW... options - stopped appearing(but the email was sent , we saw it in 'sent i...
2019 R3     IDE and Runtimw 2556 built on 9/9/2020   So what is the winning combinations of commands that will loop through the submenu’s in the master menu? Could it be that there is no way and I have to await enhanced features?     Below is t...
Hello, PB 11.5 , Win 10 Pro Everything was working fine.   Suddenly, when I open a window or create a new window, PB closes without any message.   Uninstalling and re-installing PB solves this issue, but re-appears after some days.   This issue ha...

There are no discussions available here currently