1. Menna Pablo Javier
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 3 March 2021 12:54 PM UTC

Hi.

I am using the InternetResult object and when distributing my application it does not work in the same way in Windows Server 2008 R2, as in Windows 10. What do I have to include in order for it to work correctly? Will I need any dll?

Thanks

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 3 March 2021 19:04 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Menna;

FWIW: Microsoft updated the "Kernel" of W2012 to use the same O/S "Kernel" code as W10. So I would recommend that you try using W2012 or higher as your deployment platform for a more consistent behaviour between W10 and a "server" edition of MS-Windows. Also, W2008Rx is fully deprecated by Microsoft now as well. So deploying to this unsupported (by Appeon PB or MS products) platform is not recommended.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Menna Pablo Javier Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 3 March 2021 17:48 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

The PB version is 2017 R2.
We implemented a functionality that was recommended to us in a response to a previous query on this site, to use Google API to generate a QR image.
In short, this is the code:

1) Global object uo_image, inherited from internetresult

type variables
blob iblb_image

function integer internetdata (blob data);
iblb_image = data

2) My function:

uo_imagen iuo_imagen
Inet linet
GetContextService("Internet", linet)

iuo_imagen = create uo_imagen
li_OK = linet.geturl( "https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=240x240&chof=gif&&chl="+texto_qr+"&choe=UTF-8&chld=H" , iuo_imagen)

ll_largoarch = FileOpen( 'nombre_archivo', StreamMode!, Write!, Shared!, Replace!)
ll_dev = FileWriteEx(ll_largoarch , iuo_imagen.iblb_image )
fileclose(ll_largoarch)
DESTROY iuo_imagen

/*end function*/

What doesn't work is that it returns the image from the Google API. The system runs within a local network, the operating system is Windows Server 2008R2.

Regards, Menna

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 3 March 2021 18:02 PM UTC
Does this work on Windows 10 and only on Windows Server 2008 it doesn't work?
  1. Helpful
  1. Menna Pablo Javier
  2. Wednesday, 3 March 2021 18:09 PM UTC
In Windows 7, it works.It also fails in Windows Server 2012 R2. We still do not verify it in other Operating Systems
  1. Helpful
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 3 March 2021 15:43 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi, Menna - 

What version/release/build of PB are you using?

What doesn't work the same way? Can you please elaborate? It's really difficult to know how to respond with the limited information you've given.

Is your app running locally or remotely? Citrix? Remote Desktop?

You realize that Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 10 are dramatically different operating systems? Even though I've heard unsubstantiated rumors that Microsoft allegedly tries to make the various versions of Windows compatible with one another, there are no guarantees.

Regards, John

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.