Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
PB2019R2Windows 10, 64 bit platformSummaryCan someone recommend an open source or low cost database that has high volume transaction capability and reasonable security options AND is case-insensitive?DetailsWe are currently using Oracle as our databa...
I have a problem connecting to the Oracle database 12. Version PB 2019.R3. Error: ORA-01035 ORACLE not available to users with RESTRICTED SESSION privilege. You can help me?Gabriel Kasic ...
Hi, I have a dataobject with columns that have an expression for their background color. If I understand the documentation well expressions take precendence over theme-settings ('For the background color and font color of Column, Text, Computed Fiel...
Hello. I have been using HttpClient. but now im having problems with this object in GetResponseBody. Webservice response is a PDF in base64 string, it works fine with 9MB or lower. But for bigger ones, GetResponseBody don´t catch the response strin...
I successfully migrated an application to Powerbuilder 2019 R3. I generated the Powerbuilder runtime MSI and it works well. I have noticed that the runtime files will get installed under either Common or Shared in the Appeon folder on different compu...
Does anyone have code they can share for doing that? I'm thinking about creating the easiest possible way for our users to send us screenshots of windows they are having problems with, and a hotkey built into the window, that saved a screenshot of it...
Trying to debug an application so I can track a query. The application runs "fine" giving the error when I try to execute a particular function but if I try to debug it aborts and shuts down everything. I have to restart and insert my breakpoints aga...
Running PB 2019 R3 2670. Our application uses some of the 'custom###!' images for our traditional menu. I was attempting to use them in the ribbon bar but they are showing up blank.  I thought these were imbedded in some PB runtime dll. Does anyone ...
Hi; I inherited a couple Powerbuilder apps that share a common PDB/PBL. App A is on PB 12.1, App B is on PB 12.5. The shared PBL has a popup window object that is used by both apps. App A experienced an issue where it was just shutting down. I only...
Hi. I'm in a situation where I try to connect to ASE (v.16), through Powerbuilder IDE. I've created a database profile, but when I try to connect using Powerbuilder 2017 R3 or Powerbuilder 2019 R3, the IDE crashes... In Windows Application Log I se...
Hello, I am not a C#, .Net, or web developer; I've been doing PB only since 1995. Now, I watched the first three KeyNote replays from Elevate 2019 and understood close to nothing in them. So, I can't help asking myself: who is the target audience of...
Hello, I was wondering if anybody knows whether the Pipeline object will be capable of reading data from json files in near future. Best regards,Konstantin...
Hello, Does anybody know why autosize width for columns in a grid datawindow would work in the painter preview mode but wouldn't in a window at runtime? PB2017 build 1681. Best regards, Konstantin ...
Hellol PB 2017R3 Suddenly I could not create / open datawindow in PB IDE for one particular windows user [Windows 10].  When I double click the datawindow, the PB IDE just goes into loop [ cursor changes to circle as if long operation is going on]....
Hi all, On my CloudApp deployed to Powerserver2021 Beta preview, when lunched App and access it after few minutes, the App throw out "System Error: The session does not exist at line xx in function...". please refer to the attachment. is there any ...
Hello,I'm having an issue with PBNISMTP in PB2017R3 and PB2019R3.  We've been using the version specific PBNISMTP through past versions of Powerbuilder and are currently using PBNISMTP126 in PB2017R3 without issue.  Migrating to PB2019R3 is requiring...
LOL: I was surprised to see I received a badge status of "FirestAtah !!". When looking at the other badges, there's "The Voice" for which you need a 100 replies.Funny, I've got 865 replies and no badge. Maybe that one is only for MVPs? (not that I ...
Tengo una aplicación que recientemente la Migramos de, Power Builder 12.5 a Power Builder 2019 Build 2080. Existe un proceso donde, en base a un Template de Word (Template.dot), se genera un archivo Word (Archivo.DOC), se agrega al mail y es enviado...
Hello Appeon team, We have a purchased license of PB2019R3, active as of 21st March. We have an application done in PB, migrated to different versions on PB. This year we upgraded from PB2017R3 to PB2019R3 The application project was migrated wit...
hello all    i have migrated my from pb2017r3 to 2019r3 i am using soapconnection ws . with 2017  i just added the pbsoap170.dll + pbwsclient70.dll + pbsoap170.pdb  to the files directory and all worked great , now i can not find pbsoap190.pbd an...

There are no discussions available here currently