Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, We are currently building a large-ish PowerBuilder (2017 but we are in the process of migrating to 2019) application using Microsoft's DevOps pipelines. Our current build script takes quite a lot of time as we: cleanup everything copy all...
Hi , Does the PB 2021 include other enhancements than the PowerServer support ? Back in the Sybase days Sybase invested SO MUCH in all kinds of java and EA server related stuff for PB. It was a complete failure from a-z and almost nobody ever set a...
I need to read some data from tab-separated text files with a row of column headers, where I know that certain column names will always be there, but don't know whether they will always be in the same order, or what other columns might be there. So l...
Hi Friends, I am trying PS2021, the lifetime of a session, how could I control it?because the service falls(api) if it is not used in a short time The system connects with the same transact SQLCA to several databases, dynamically, as it would be do...
Does anyone know of any tools that might be able to analyze a Powerbuilder classic app for potential security vulnerabilities?  Sort of like an HP Fortify for native Powerscript?  I saw an answer to a similar question that it may be possible with cer...
Is it possible to determine which is the latest valid version supported on the IIS Server of my application installed in powerClient mode? This by means of a query in execution time of the application. Thanks Marcelo...
So I have the following XML string: <Result><Status><ReplyStatus>1</ReplyStatus><ReplyText>Success</ReplyText></Status><Data /></Result> With the following PowerScript I create a PBDOM document ...
Another question on the obsoleted (in 2019R3) SoapConnection object.  Since I migrated to 2019R3 the CreateInstance method is failing with a "Bad runtime function reference" error.  Since I've not worked with this since PB version 11 or so I was wond...
Testing PB 2021 Beta. I noticed that after closing PB 2021, if I launch PB 2019 R3 it attempts to load the most recent workspace that I used in PB 2021. If I select a different one, and then if I close PB 2019 R3 and launch PB 2021 it attempts to lo...
Currently I'm working on a desktop application on PB19 R3, it is connected over GIT. To apply any change made on code to PBL is needed to "refresh", like this attached image. I need to build this application outside IDE, but I still need to perform ...
PB2019R3, b2703PostgreSQL database from Enterprise DB, v12.5Windows 64 bit platform32 bit, PFC-based applicationI'd like to grab the name of the object when a database error occurs:   1) Embedded SQL = the name of the current window, tab, or tabpage ...
I tried iole_word.documents.open("filename", true, false, false,"passwordhere") but it fails... Environment PB17r3, office 365 pro plus......
All - I apologize if this isn't the forum.  Hard finding answers for 12.6 related issues these days. We currently have a 12.6 application running on Citrix box ( 2016 server ). We have ONE user that recently switched to a new windows 10 laptop. W...
We are using PBUltimateSuite.  Creating the graph went fine, however when the application is run we get the following error Unresolvable external w_pbwc_graph_painter when linking at line 1 in ue_init event of object uov_chart_js_datawindow. There ...
Hello, I have a stored procedure that populates a datawindow.  Works in Powerbuilder but not in Powerserver.  I'm on 2019 R2.  The message I get is: Failed to Analyse the Stored Procedure Syntax. due to input string was not in correct format. My sp...
I'm working on a nested report which has multiple masters and details. By using a datastore I can insert rows into the datastore (which uses the same datawindow as the nested report). I can copy the data from the datastore to the first nested repor...
A strange new issue has come up since I migrated to PB 2019 R3. Unfortunately for me, two customers discovered this in production after I upgraded their applications. It seems that the DataWindow Print() method fails with certain printer/driver comb...
I migrated an application from 8.0 to 2019 R3. I found a windows script command that is supposed to open an Excel file but it is not working. Does this need a syntax fix or is there a better way to open the file? The following is the code:   wsh = ...
Updated to PB 2017 R3 1951.  Now my scroll does not work using the mouse when on the script panel.  Has anyone run into this?...
I'm relatively new to using the RestClient and SnapDevelop, but things were going fine in converting our app's DB access to asp.net core web api's until I encountered an issue with the RestClient.Submit method...in particular Syntax 1,  objectname...

There are no discussions available here currently