Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi PB Experts Can anyone please confirm if Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 is compatible with Appeon's version of Powerbuilder 2019?  ...
We are currently on PB-2019 Build 2170. We are going to update to PB-2021. We currently use SNC for the primary connection to SQL Server with SQLNCLI11 for the Provider dbparm value. We also have code that makes secondary ODBC connections. They also...
Anyone else seen this?  Once I apply a theme to an application and then run it, my PB IDE and some applications now have 'black' menu dropdowns.  See examples: In the PB IDE In the 'themed' application Moving the cursor shows the menu choice...
Hi,Please your help to clarify this point about incremental builds/deployments with PowerClient (Maybe the same for PS 2021).For example, if I modify a window and deploy the change to the WebServer, I see that all the elements of the application are ...
Hi, I'm developing an integration between Powerbuilder PB 2019R3 application and a Financial API (external of my company) using HTTPClient, but I'm receiving the return error code 403 Forbidden. // Code string json, base64, url_api Integer li_Sen...
Hi, We have a .net based application and want to convert PSR (Powersoft report) report to PDF to view it. How can I convert PSR format to PDF in a .net based application? As a note, the PSR reports were created by our legacy application built on po...
Hello I need to know how to import the contact list (name and email) from my Google account into my ERP. I've been reading about the People API, but can't find any examples of how to use it in PB 2019. I created the token and I know to use the OAu...
New server (Windows Server 2019) with Powerbuilder Compiler 21.0 "failed to load library: pborc.dll" after being set up the same way as the old server (Windows Server 2016). The following cmd runs smoothly on the old server, but throws an error on t...
Hi, I searched existing issues for this but was not sure: we have a webservice to generate pdf files using NativePDF! I selected the checkbox in the application object of the webservice to package custom fonts. Unfortunately, this doesn't include th...
I have a legacy database that I am writing a new interface for.  This database has several tables that use the column name "Print".  I cannot change the name of the column in the database.  I need to be able to update and insert new data in these tab...
tab control setting color "I normally set the background of each tab to a different colour and set the tab part the same colour."  I saw that this issue was revealed by Andrew Davis at August 2018 I am currently running 2019 R2. Is this issue sti...
Getting the following message and i figure i need to encrypt the password in the Server.JSON file for ProxyOptions.  but don't know of this encryption tool Title: PowerServer failed to start. Abnormal network connection Message: Failed to connect t...
TIP: In case someone didn't know yet, I just read in a comment made by Armeen that the replays are already available: https://www.appeon.com/conference/elevate-2021/session-catalog.html regards....
Bruce, I saw that you had a session recently about connecting PowerServer to AWS.  Unfortunately I missed it, but I was wondering how one might connect PowerBuilder to an AWS database (e.g. MariaDB).  I attempted to connect recently and was unable t...
Hello Everybody.   I want to know if somebody has an expirience with Deploy a PowerServer project in Oracle Cloud Infraestructure (OCI). I need the steps about how to do it, if someone has a help or a link when i can use, it would be great. A rea...
Hi All, I have a Stored procedure in SQL Server 2019 which is using TRY CATCH for error handling instead of "RAISERROR" but this is not throwing a response back when SP is called from PowerBuilder using "Stored Procedure Update" functionality.  If ...
convert Hexdecimal string to base64 without using blob variable ?...
Hello. Been a PowerBuilder programmer since the 90's. We have an inventory management app that's been running on Windows. Customers love it but the need to go mobile is arising. The most common ask is can it run on an Android device. I know there's n...
Hi All, I would like to get advise on below coding which done previous developer, what does the message.returnValue = 1 actually do here ? Does it have anything to do with system event ? FYI the coding reside inside the window object custom event, ...
Hi Team, My company is using BitBucket Code repository with Power Builder 2017 R2 version. I can commit the code from Power Builder 2017R2 but when I am going to push the changes it is throwing below error: Git client is finding files. Please wait...

There are no discussions available here currently