Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I have a datawindow (Powerbuilder 2019 R3) that returns -1 on Update() and the following message appears : Datawindow does not have update capability. I checked the update properties and they looked correct. Suggestions?...
Hello, I have a question about the behavior we're seeing between our PB environment and SVN. Background Info:       - Our source code repository used to be managed via PVCS, we've since migrated to SVN.        - After migrating to SVN, each devel...
Hai all, I have a webservice link. That webservice providing a service. In that service have more methods. each method need to give some values. This I used in pb12.1 with sopaconnection method. Just few days back, service team changed their protoco...
Hi Team, We are facing an issue where we were trying to test "RichTextEdit" control functionality which was resolved in PB2019. We have done the following configuration:-  In PB IDE, open your application and go to Application (object) --> Addi...
Hi Team, We are using Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R2 Build version for our PowerBuilder application. We are planned for an Vulnerability scanning using "Sonatype Nexus Vulnerability scanner" which will support all open source softwares including C/C++ ...
This trick from  Chris Pollach @Appeon is FANTASTIC!! add a pb.ini to the folder of your executable   PB.ini ------------------ [DataStore Behavior] UseHwnd=no ---------------------- I have done that for a while (2 months) now...
Hello, I apologize if this was asked/answered (I didn't find it with a quick search). With the new PB 2019 beta, what runtime files need to be deployed, and where are they by default? I know the IDE was separated from the runtime, and that's likely...
I've just tried building (aka Deploying) an application project in PowerBuilder 2019 R3.  I haven't built using PowerBuilder in a very long time, we have always used PowerGen, but with all the activity and command line capability, I thought I'd give ...
Hello, We have run across an issue with applications that I deploy from my machine to PowerServer.  The issue is that we cannot get the attached messagebox to stop popping up when others run my IWAs from their machines.   We have tried making sure ...
Hai all, I am recently Installed Appeon Powerbuilder R3 and planning to migrate from pb 2012 to 2019.  I just asking about the webservice calling method in R3. Anybody can explain with script ? Thanks to all....
We have upgraded to PB2019R3 from R2 version. Using PBC to compile the code in Jenkins. The application exe properties has File Version and Product Version. We are having issues running the exe file because of the runtime version ( Runtime 19.2.0.267...
I have a local datawindow that could contain many rows, but only one row would be updated at a time. I'm looking for the best practice for updating the data. Would I export just the new/changed row as a JSON and submit it to the web service? If so, ...
We recently migrated our powerbuilder  applications to 2019 R3 from 2017.  Since then, no applications will print to a network printer.  We get, "Error Printing on" plus the name of the printer and print server.  We ran the same application with the ...
Hi all, May I know is it support to send soap request with attachment (MIME type) using HttpClient object?   I have checked the SendRequest function but seems no way to add the attachment. And the PostData function is unable to send with soap bod...
Hi I downloaded the trial version of Powerbuilder in order to get working on modifying an existing application while the licence procurement went through. I have now upgraded to the licence version, but have an issue now with the application name as...
Some years ago I saw the value in having an object that implements dictionary / associative array / map type functionality, mapping string names to arbitrary values, including strings, numbers, dates, and objects. That could be use for passing sets ...
hi, We set our printer to a laser printer but when we go into our Label screen we change our Default Printer to the Zebra Label printer. We then just print.(too the default) Once we out of the screen we set the default printer back  to the laser p...
Hello, We are using PowerBuilder 2019 R3 and trying to deploy on Power Server. We have few questions Can multiple developers can access the same deployment and resolve issues? If so how can we achieve it? I am getting zlib.dll error when launch...
Good day Everyone!   I am just a newbie in powerbuilder and I wanted to use PB 2019 on my project which requires webservice. I haven't done or try anything yet because I don't know where to start. I already created my web service using ASP.NET Web ...
Hello, I am just testing PowerClient deployment the first time. starting the app on my WebBrowser I get "SecurityError: Blocked a frame with origin "null" from accessing a cross-origin frame." I doesn't matter, which Browser I use. How can I solve ...

There are no discussions available here currently