Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I would like to delete a powerServer from cluster server list and would like to add it back. Now I get error "Failed to validate the license of the remote PowerServer". How may I add a deleted PowerServer back? Thanks. Here is my PowerServer infor...
I've installed PB 2019 R2 along side of PowerBuilder 11.5 as we are transitioning to 2019 R2. Every time I go into PB 11.5 I now get a message:   To upgrade to the current PB Native release: Open a DOS box, make Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder your cur...
How can I download the source code for Encryption and Decryption demo for PB 2017 R3 by Bruce Armstrong? There is no download button....
Hello, i had to clean install Windows 10 on my machine after a hardware failure.Re-installed all PowerBuilder 2019R3 and SnapDevelop 2019R3 including all the default suggested components. I have a small Web Api project migrated from 2019R2 that now ...
Hi Team, Our application build with PowerBuilder. In one of our data window if we give some id number in search filed and after clicking the search it will show total number of rows as 20 but in the window it is showing only 1 records result. Note:...
Hello Appeon team, Currently we are using PowerBuider2017R3 with MSOLEDBSQL driver. We are evaluating the new PowerBuilder 2019R3, fully supporting MSOLEDBSQL driver (according to release announcement) For this evaluation we are using the trial PB...
Hi EveryOne,  I'm trying to create a Datawindow from an stored procedure, I've done it lots of times but this one is not working properly. The stored procedure is in an SQL Server Database.  As always, I do a NEW - Datawindow - Grid - Stored proce...
Good Afternoon! Currently we are using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and the folder is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon" . So we installed PowerBuilder 2019 R2 with folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon2019"  , when we try to import the pbdom190.pbd into a pb...
As I continue to research Git and PowerBuilder I am trying to understand the best setup. 1) Repository - There have been some articles saying the GIT repository name must be the same name as the workspace but when you select the 'Add to Source' it a...
Appeon Team, Currently we deploy pbdwr170.pbd file along with other runtime files and our application files. This deployment is done by our Deployment team on various dealer's machine. We are currently using PB 2017 Build 1858.I would like to know ...
Has Powerbuilder addressed the issue that Windows introduced in Server 2016 where in some remote environments there is an issue when mapping default client printers and that information being retained outside of the current session? Here is an articl...
Dear Appeon Support Team I already reported this issue 1 year ago. The same issue still exists with PB Version 2019 Build 2082.   When running a PB-Desktop-Application in a RDP session (Windows 10 host), mouse wheel scrolling doesnt work appropri...
Hi, I used PowerBuilder 2021 (beta)  CacheName to connect different database dynamically during runtime. I modify below DBParm , From:  SQLCA.dbparm = "Release='12.5',staticbind=0,Charset='roman8'" To  SQLCA.dbparm = "Release='12.5',staticbind=...
Dear All,  I encountered issue below, after I published Web API to Windows 10 IIS server: But I have no problem to call the Web API as below when Run Test(s) and Debug Test(s).  Note: The d_dddw_supplier_list is converted from PB code.    ...
Hi , I am trying to parse an xml string using pbdom and I am getting the following error message. "Error calling method of PBNI object at line -1 in buildfromstring event of object pbdom_builder" Any idea how to fix this error? I am using PB 12.5...
I have an application made in Powerbuilder 9 which am trying to migrate to Powerbuilder 2019. When i go an connect my odbc database it said it connects successfully but then when i create the profile and try to connect that Powerbuilder 2019 crashes ...
I had an external datawindow displaying rows of information and a couple of command buttons on each row. The datawindow had no update capacities and all columns had taborder 0. After some trial and error I discovered that by adding one row at design...
Hi Folks,   We are using Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Version, We also use WinBatch commands in the functions and events.  WinBatch commands worked well with PowerBuilder 11.5 Version, but somehow this is not working for Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 R2 ...
I just switched to PB2019 R3 from R2.  Our app is a simple client server app. Now when i try to use OLE to Word, it fails on the .ADD                               ole_1.Documents.Add(as_template) We are using 64 bit Microsoft Office - Word but t...
I need to know how I can access columns/calculated fields/text objects in a trailer band as if they were in a detail band (since the row number in a trailer band is 0, I have no idea what to do). Also, there are multiple trailers so how do I know whi...

There are no discussions available here currently