1. André Rust
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 16 January 2023 07:09 AM UTC

Hi,
is the some info to connect Powerbuilder to the SIAM Identity Provider? 

pls send me links and samples.

thx.
André

Accepted Answer
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 16 January 2023 14:50 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

I suggest check with the vendor of the specific SIAM product(s) you want to use what integration options they provide. These days pretty much everything supports REST APIs. PowerBuilder provides very robust support for calling REST APIs… HTTP client, OAuth client, JSON parser/generator, etc.

Comment
  1. André Rust
  2. Monday, 16 January 2023 14:56 PM UTC
Hi Armeen,

I will ask the supplier then.

Thank you.

André
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
André Rust Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 16 January 2023 14:38 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi John,
thanks for the hint. I have changed it.

The acronym SIAM is of course a "Service Integration and Management". I wanted to know if there is a way to create a connection.
We are using Powerbuilder and SIAM among others. Now the question is if the SIAM can be connected to Powerbuilder so that you can use the interface. Whether with COM or API does not matter as long as Powerbuilder can do it.

The environment is Windows and the DB is Oracle. I don't know much about SIAM. I just need to analyze if it is possible that Powerbuilder still has a future for us.

André

Comment
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 16 January 2023 12:47 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi, André -

If I may be so bold as to offer you (and others) a few tips:

1. It is very helpful to your audience when posting a question to expand any acronyms which may not be universally recognized, even though you may be intimately familiar with them. I believe "SIAM" stands for "Service Integration and Management"? I had to perform a web search to find out information that could have very easily been included in your question.

2. It's also a nice touch if you provide some details/context in your question. For example, is "SIAM Identity Provider" a software product, a service, a concept, etc.? Are you referring to a particular vendor? Also, can you provide some explanation on what exactly are you needing to accomplish? Are you wanting to know how to utilize some particular REST API(s)?

3. Be a participant. I see you've been a Community member for very nearly a full year. Congratulations! Answering questions from others on occasion helps to build familiarity with other Community members, which should increase their willingness to answer your questions.

4. Finally, please don't utilize larger font point sizes in your posts, as was done here. It's somewhat rude and quite the put-off. Antagonizing your audience is usually not a wise strategy for obtaining good responses.

I hope the Community can help you find some answers to your question.

Best regards, John

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.