Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
How would I use Azure managed identity with Powerbuilder (currently using 2022 build 1892 application uses runtime 22.0.0.1878)? We're setting up blob storage and my application needs to access it. Some examples would be helpful How would somethin...
Good morning. I'm experimenting with PBServer 2021. I'm using a simple app we have that compiles and runs smoothly as a client/server. When I launch the 'Deploy Cloud', the compilation gives me a large amount of messages: "C:\POWERBUILDER\PIC\A...
Hello, Is the IDE used to compile PB 2022 R2 different from PB 2022 R1?Do we have to test in full, if we upgrade from PB 2022 B 1900 to R2?  Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
Hello Using PB 2022 1900 In the PB IDE 1.  Create a user-event with no return value.  [ ue_one with (None) in return type ]2.  Save the window, close the window.3.  Re-open the window, modify the return value to string (or long) and press tab4.  W...
Does the localized run-time files translate the labels on windows, userobjects, datawindows etc. during runtime in both web and client-server version?  ...
We have over a hundred people with a InfoMaker license but many are either no longer employees or don't really use it. Is there a way to get a report of logins?...
I'm pulling my hair out again. I'm connecting to a server A which is connected to a linked server B for security reasons, to insert and update 1 table. In SQL Manager I can do what needs to be done (read, update, insert, delete). In PB2022 (build ...
Hello everyone,   I am looking for a tool called cdmatch (by Brian Dick I believe). Looked for it on the internet but can't find it anywhere. Could anyone share it with me please (ofc only if it is allowed to share it) ? Does the tool run on appe...
Hi Team,   We have upgraded Power builder 10 to 21 version , In development machine (PB21 IDE installed) we have placed pbd file in exe folder and we launching executable from exe folder. In testing environment , we didn't install PB21 software . T...
Hi, I'm currently running PB2019 R3 and trying to deploy my application.  In my project file I indicate that the output exe file should be generated in r: The syntax to be used in the command lines reads the following: /o "r:\core_src.exe" And...
Hi Sir,  I am preparing two of my window 10 pc to become web server and net server. After i deploy(create package) client application and publish web api, it didnt work. I am quite fresh can you help me? Please see attachment for details error. Than...
 Hi guys, just wondering if Appeon one day would/could create an enhancement for the dw/ds Importstring function. Files at the moment have to be tab or comma delimited to be able to be imported... A nice enhancement would be to be able to use impor...
Bug 9366 font problem - I have a production program that has many installed locations.  Can I just update a dll in the current runtime installation or do I have to go through a complete rebuild and replace the entire runtime?  If I can update a singl...
PowerBuilder 2019 R3 Build 2728 Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2   We have a customer who has upgraded from a pretty old version of our software to a more recent one, and they are complaining that a window now takes over 10 minutes to retrieve...
Hi  Does anyone know how i can get the week of the year from a date, there does not seem to be a simple function for this. as always any help greatly appreciated regards Andrew...
PB 2022 Build 1892. I am changing all the places where our app uses the IE Web Browser control to use the built-in Web Browser control. The following link opens the page in a popup window created by the control itself. Is it possible to trap the li...
PB 2022 1900 I am a newby to this so be kind to me :-) We are in the process using SnapDevelop to create a wrapper for Zxing but have had some issues around using .NET Standard or .NET Core.  When importing the DLL using the .NET DLL Importer we wo...
Hi!, I have implemented themed UI functionality in a development version of our application which I am migrating to PowerBuilder 2022. For testing, I have deployed a copy of one of the default themes as the application's default which is loaded at s...
anyone have any clever solutions for capturing a key when the alt key is pressed?  Looking to grab up/down arrow when the alt key is pressed, but the keydown event does not fire....
Hi all, I have lost my To Do lists in PB2021.  I have 2 workspaces with To Do Lists.  I use those To Do lists when upgrading a customer's application from an older version.  They are completely gone!  Seems like it happened after I installed PB2022....

There are no discussions available here currently