Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Trying to use PBAutoBuild220 on a remote server where the PB Runtime / IDE is not installed. It doesn't seem to work. Based on the documentation, AutoBuild requires Runtime installed on the server. Is there a way to use AutoBuild as standalone compil...
We are using PB2019 R3 and need to call a function in a running powerbuilder application from a C# program.   Is there a way to use PBNI for this or should we try some windows messaging approach?   Thanks in advance for assistance in this. /Joak...
I found this code somewhere on Appeon website to initiate SMTP from PowerBuilder 2022.   SmtpClient lsc_maillsc_mail = Create SmtpClient   I'm getting an error "Illegal data type SmtpClient" How do I solve this error? I found some posting sayin...
Following an earlier thread where I was searching for an application to document my PBLs in a HTML website, by extracting comments etc. from my code, I ended up writing something, which I have attached, and offer for free for anyone's use. It can do...
Hi, I noticed strange behavior edit column with StyleType RichText. When I try edit text in that column, if there was no text, it is OK, editchanged is triggered and after change focus on other column Itemchanged is triggered as well. But if there w...
Hello,I'm a bit stuck, google didn't deliver as good as it usually do this time around.I'm looking for a VERY easy and quick way to resize images from ex. 4k 8MB files to around 2-300 Kb files (let's say 72 dpi 1080p). Imagine doing this for common f...
Hi, Is there a way to dynamically change the property "New Page on Group Break" of a datawindow group by code using dot notation or modify? Thanks in advance.      ...
Hello community. Is there a way that the powerserver doesn't log out, after an idle time, or otherwise increase the time.TnksW.  ...
I'm wondering whether anyone knows of or has developed any tools for scanning your libraries and generating nicely formatted HTML docs, based on standard formatting of comments (like JavaDoc does). I searched and found PBDoc from PBDR, but I'm not s...
PB 2022 1900 I am using the WebBrowser control to display files that have been attached to our application.  If a Microsoft document (Mail, Word, Excel) cannot be displayed the control will create files in the C:\Users\chrisc\AppData\Local\Temp\pbce...
I'm using PowerBuilder 2019 R3 and my source control is Azure DevOps. Please see the attachment for details. My branch local branches match Azure DevOps branches.  However when I make a change to my local development branch, save and commit the chang...
HI, power builder 2019 R3 I need to add NTLM authentication  to HTTPClient  object But it seems that  HTTPClient   supports only Basic HTTP authentication    Is there a way to do it? Thanks ...
In the article listed below, it says to add this line to my database parameters. timestamp=0 In PB9.2 how do I do this?   Thank you. https://www.appeon.com/developers/get-help/knowledgebase/ora-24334-no-descriptor-position.html...
Hello, at our company we are currently in the process of migrating our relativly big PowerBuilder project to Git.So far that has worked fairly well, but we have encountered an issue where it would be interesting to know how this was ment to work and...
I have a datawindow with 2 groups. In the group 2 trailer section, I have a computed field summing a column (ex. sum total for group 2). I need to sequence them by their total within each group 1 break. For example, let 's say group 1 has group A and...
My app (PB 2019-R3) uses HttpClient to make web service calls. I have AutoReadData = False so I am using ReadData to return the results. The sending of the request is done with PostDataStart/PostData/PostDataEnd. In general it works great but occasi...
Hello, I'm testing PowerBuilder application on WIN 11 and getting following errors. Current application is 32 bit and looks like under WIN 11, 64-bit is expected. The application is build in PB 32-bit version 2019 R3 Build 2728. Also this is happeni...
Hi All, Is there a way to print a QR code from Appeon datawindow? I have the QR code as blob image in the database.  If any logic and solutions, please let me know. Regards/Jinu Nair    ...
Hello, With Powerbuilder 2022, we are unable to save any datawindow object with 'XML' as  template in 'Data Export' tab of datawindow object properties. Once saved, closed and opened again, the 'Format to Configure' property is changed to 'PDF'. In...
We are updating a MS SQL Server Database using a datawindow with Modified Columns used as the Update Criteria.  We are always getting a failure "Row changed between retrieve and Update"  (PB 2017 R3) A datetime column in the database seems to be the...

There are no discussions available here currently