1. Cedeno Thompson
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 7 June 2023 19:43 PM UTC

I'm using PowerBuilder 2019 R3 and my source control is Azure DevOps. Please see the attachment for details. My branch local branches match Azure DevOps branches.  However when I make a change to my local development branch, save and commit the changes. Afterwards I PUSH the changes. However I don't see the updated changes in Azure DevOps.  BTW,  I've removed all code update restrictions in Azure DevOps.

Attachments (1)
kitty he @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 9 June 2023 02:42 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Cedeno,

I have not been able to reproduce the problem, please confirm that both committing and pushing are carried out against the local development branch?

I am using the version of PB2019R3 2791.

Regards,

Kitty

Comment
  1. Cedeno Thompson
  2. Tuesday, 13 June 2023 18:47 PM UTC
Hi Kitty

I am using the version of PB2019R3 2703. I've confirmed that both committing and pushing are carried out against the local development branch. Should issuing the PUSH and Pull from within PB IDE?
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 8 June 2023 18:10 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Cedeno;

PB 2019 R3 did not support GIT branches in that release. You would need to upgrade to PB 2022 for branching support in GIT.

However, you should be able to PUSH your changes to GIT in Azure using the GIT Client.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Andreas Mykonios
  2. Friday, 9 June 2023 06:34 AM UTC
Hi Chris. Why do you say PB 2019R3 doesn't support branches? Branches where introduced in PB 2019 R3... Am I missing something?

Andreas.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 9 June 2023 15:24 PM UTC
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 9 June 2023 15:42 PM UTC
I agree with Andreas... it's a bit misleading to say it doesn't support branches that gives impression not at all to any degree whatsoever.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.