Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I am working on an application built on PowerBuilder 2019 R3 built 2670. It uses the pbcef client as a browser to display some internet sites. In case there was an update for PowerBuilder available, we installed that and copied additional or ch...
When I work from the office, I use a 2560x1440 display where the scaling is set to 100%. The fonts in the PowerBuilder IDE are crisp and everything looks good. When I work from home, I use a 4k display where the scaling is set to 150%. The fonts are ...
Hi Master,  I want to know how to make one link "Https://app.com/w_cloud " to connect to db server 1 when user choose db server 1 and connect to db server 2 when user choose db server2. I will create a screen for selection of which db server to con...
We started using Ribbonbar control and the users seem to like it a lot. The problem we've encountered is that since our large menu has been completely redesigned certain items are harder to find, so I have an idea to provide a simple search tool - t...
Hello, when i use this example within PB2022 and SnapDevelop2022, i only get a NuGet package in the publish folder.No "ORCodeGenerator.dll" and "ORCoder.dll" in the publish folder for the solution.How can i use the PB .net DLL importer with a NuGet ...
How PowerBuilder development environment meets the encryption requirements of the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS). This is new for me and client asked us to follow FIPS compliance. My question is - Does PowerBuilder supports FIPS? If...
Hi, While I am selecting more pbls from open dialogbox, getting all result. But in the next time selected pbl's selection is losting why ?   ...
Hi, How to beautify powerbuilder application. To look more appealing and attractive....
Good morning, gentlemen I am using the PDFDocument object in PB2022. However, the final size of the documents is very large. A pdf file with pdfcreator or Microsoft pdf weighs a maximum of 90k, however, with pdfdocument the file size is 526 kb and...
Good morning Dear Sirs. On some occasions, the Windows regional configuration is shared with other applications, which have a different regional configuration and are sometimes affected. Is it possible for my app in powerbuilder 2022 to set m...
First Thank you appeon Team, doing great job... FOR SNAP DEVELOP API, How to download a file and upload file via api. I tried different ways but i could n't. If there is a sample project / script it's help full to me. api can use either PB 2019 or...
Powerclient deployment issue with current version 2019R3 2728 version. Deployed in IIS and followed documentation related to powerclient deployment new project. Able to download the cloud app launcher and nothing works there after. Attached screens...
I believe I have found a bug in PB 2021 build 1506 and PB 2022 build 1892.  The issue does not exist in PB 2019. I plan on reporting this. I have an invisible datawindow on a window.   I print it using the the following code: long jobjob = PrintOpe...
Hi All,   Recently we have migrated our PB Apps to Powerclient. We are getting one issue related to "Failed to update the app" below are the cases to reproduce the issue.   1. All the PB and app related files uploaded successfully. 2. Sybase 16...
Good afternoon community We were wondering if it is possible to customize the icons used in treeview datawindows.   What we know is that it is possible to customize the icons of the TreeView object.   We would like to swap the existing expand/ex...
I 'm looking for a code analysis tool that can be used with PB?. For example: -check for objects without a library comment - check naming convention for objects - check for script header - check naming convention for functions and variables - ch...
At Intertech we're trying to use the .NET DLL importer, wehave a structure defined in PowerBuilder called columninfo which has four elements: a_name (string), s_dbname(string), l_columnidsource (long), and l_columnidtarget (long).  So the structure h...
For 2+ hours now I've been stuck running the application with /pbdebug, on one of our customer's systems, because PB after so many decades in the market, still has NO way to give us the call stack in case of errors. So, since I can't do anything at ...
Hi, I wanted to share the following situation, in case there is a solution for this.I'm using PB2022, build 1900 and the database is Oracle 19 I'm getting the error "The Int64 type is not compatible..." and below is an example of a situation where ...
Hi All I have a dwo with only one column in it. I made that column's edit style 'RadioButtons' with Yes, No, and Maybe 3 options in it to start. During the run time, I am able to manipulate those options to only display Yes and No, or Yes and Maybe...

There are no discussions available here currently