Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We are updating a MS SQL Server Database using a datawindow with Modified Columns used as the Update Criteria.  We are always getting a failure "Row changed between retrieve and Update"  (PB 2017 R3) A datetime column in the database seems to be the...
I am getting "row changed between retrieve and update" any time I try to datawindow update a table where a datetime is in the list of updateable columns. I tried setting datetimeformat in the ODBC database profile syntax tab but it still fails. Someh...
Hi, we are as writing testig our migration of our Application from PB 11.5 to PB 2022. The migration went well, with some changing of oure use of java. (ActiveMq JMS to Active Mq NMS) The application is a layout generator that makes 10 thousands of ...
In a dynamic crosstab how can one find out the number of columns that where created?...
Hii get this error when trying to re-generate CAL in PB2022R2can´t find whats means thanks...
Hi all, I have a custom user object I designed 20+ years ago to communicate with a serial port, uo_comport.   The object has several local external functions defined.  All of the functions are from the Windows user.exe library.  Here's an example of...
I have a datawindow with 2 groups. In trailer group 2, I have a computed field that does a SUM on a column (computed field #1) and another one (computed field #2) that has an IF statement that if true will result in the value of computed field #1. Th...
When I apply one of the standard themes to windows in an mdi frame in PB 2022 it's more difficult to grab the corner of the window and resize it diagonally. Does anyone know why this is or how to fix it?...
Hi Team, we are using Appeaon powerbuilder 2017, we need to be add source control for GIT and create sub branches (Development branch and Feature branch).How can i pull down changes from one of the development branches into my local Master branch to...
Hi, does anyone know a tool or some "IDE-tricks" to convert the sourceobjects of a pbl to a newer pbversion (for example DWs) or just "resave" the objects of a pbl? Background: We want to track the changes a developer make exactly as possible.  S...
Hello, team Is groupcalc function still required in .NET Datastore? If yes, then what is it's name now? Thank you Arcady...
I was trying to Activate our copy of InfoMaker and had to reset my password.  After following link in email I was able to reset my password.  Then logging into InfoMaker I get a message that the account is already logged in to InfoMaker. Note: One ac...
PB 2022 1872 I'm working on changing our app to use HttpClient instead of WinHttp.WinHttpRequest for web api calls. My question has to do with client side certificates. Our current code has this: io_winhttpRequest.SetClientCertificate(is_certifica...
Hi. With the new 2797 MR for 2019 R3 just released, typically when would these changes make into 2022?     John...
Hello, Good morning. Maybe someone has experience regarding our PB program issue. Background: We have a program that will print Barcode using the COM1 Port. However, the end-user has now changed her unit from Desktop to Laptop, the New Barcode (Sa...
Hi, I have got a problem with deploying the PBDOM wrapper library via PBAutoBuild. I use PowerBuilder 2022. I created a wrapper library of PBDOM extensions the same as it's written in the documentation (https://docs.appeon.com/pb2022/application_tec...
I have a datawindow with one group. The database column that the group is based on can have either letters or a blank. I need to get the group total of the rows that have a blank and make that total available to add to the other group totals that hav...
Hi, I tried copying the subcontent from one PBDOM_Document to the second. I have part of PBDOM_Element : <testlist> <elements> <element id=0 /> <element id=1 /> <elements> </testlist> How I can copy the chi...
Hi Experts, How to find external object reference (dll, third party exe, services etc) is there or not for a PB application.   Thanks, S.Deva  ...
Are these values read from the pb.ini in powerserver? If so, then i do want to deploy the pb.ini file with my powerserver application version. [DataStore Behavior]UseHwnd=no[Data Window]ACCESSIBILITY=0   Just looking at things that may be differe...

There are no discussions available here currently