Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I am running PB 2019 R2 build 2328 I have SnapDevelop. I can open the C# application created on it from Powebuilder IDE just fine. I am trying to use C# Model Generator to export my dw to the C# Webapi application. When I right click the dw t...
Hello, We encountered some random crashes in our application with PB2019r2.Now we are considering turning back the version. Is there a simple sollution to downgrade from pb2019r2 to pb2019r0 without loosing all user settings?     best regards St...
Hi All, We are facing an astonishing issue with PB2019 32bit due to missing resizing see correctlayout.png and wronglayout.png . At Windows Server 2016 (via RDP) and under Citrix Xen/xp 6.5 (independent from OS) the resize event is not fired for a ...
Hi tea, I am having an application that is developed in PB5 using PB7 libraries. I am trying to convert this applications to 2019. As of now I am using trail version to check the feasibility. Could you please help me understand how feasible this con...
Hi Guys & Gals I'm deploying to a brand new windows machine a pb2017r2 exe using ADO.NET. Dot Net 4.5 is installed I have run the msi installer generated by the package installer and copied over my exe and I'm getting the following e...
If I restore the data sources from a backup created via AEM,  will I lose data sources which were added after the backup?   Thanks...
Can you create PWAs with Appeon tools or do you accomplish similar outcome with Appeon differently? What are the Pros and Cons of using a PWA?   We are planning a basic application to collect data and save to an SAP ASE database.  The application wo...
Good day PB Gurus, I have an old pfc application, currently migrated to PB2017 R3 and PB2019 R2 Build 2328.  All the code is the same except for the application object, but I have it split up in 4 different folder structures, dev, test, stage, prod....
We are using PowerBuilder 12.5 with Team Foundation Server MSSCCI provider as source control. Now we installed the Team Foundation Server on another server computer. In Team Explorer I added the new location, but in PowerBuilder still see the old( fo...
Hi PBers.....! I recently tested / used the dw.ExportJson() combined with JSONPackage and I am starting to feel that it's time to move on, from restful XML services to JSON.  What worries me is that I didn't find any way to limit the data exported ...
When i try to translate object give capacity error and i try translate function by function , but one function give error - Before performing this operation you must place  the cursor in the declaration of a function, event, variable , struct or obj...
Hi guys: My team mate is getting an error message while trying to log in when started PowerBuilder 2017 R3 for the first time. He is not able to login - getting "Cannot find a valid license". https://account.appeon.com/license-management/pb sho...
  hello Guru I am implementing the dynamic addition of PBL to my running program. In particular, I add 3 libraries in one shot.   [code] ls_ = GetLibraryList ( ) ls_temp = ls_pbl+","+ls_ li = Setlibrarylist(ls_temp) [end code] This is the r...
Hi  I have script in my Client/Server-turn-Web/Mobile application to 'see' directories on any file servers that are in our company's network. The app worked great in 2017 R3 Onto 2019 R2. I understand that some of PowerBuilder File Functions are u...
Hi If an application in CloudPro is not reading/writing files from/to an UNC based path, what is the most cost-effective way to work around it? I would appreciate it if someone could show me (or point me to) some basic know-how of how to go about it...
Hi,     I  have migrated our application from PB 10.2 and to  2019 R2 Build 2323 and getting multiple issues in RTE control with the new version. I am trying to fix each issue. I found an issue in getting the InputFieldGetData option. I have insert...
We are converting our PowerBuilder code to C# and we are not quite sure how to translate the following PowerBuilder code in C#. doArticle.object.data.Delete.Current[1, 1] = il_null Can't seem to find a way to modify data in any buffer except primar...
Hi all I have a small IIS service that has several GET methods and some (in progress) PUT/POST methods. All my requests have Accept-Encoding: gzip on the header, as pb documentation recommends. This works great on GET methods, however, when I use P...
Hi, I am trying to understand how Git will suite as SCM for our product(currently in Pb2017R3). So I am doing a PoC to check its feasibility. Can you kindly answer these questions? 1) If an object is modified in a PBL, the PBL goes unsync even aft...
It seems there is an issue with the MailSession object and a specific version of Office365 Outlook (Semi Annual Channel Version 1908 (Build 11929.20776) 32 bit). The Microsoft Outlook dialog (A program is trying to send an email message on your beha...

There are no discussions available here currently